Ilkeston Town v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that was Hanson playing DM? He looked good the other highlights were Medaglia Who seemed quick and always wanted the ball offering our only real threat in the 2nd half. Whitbread looked solid and Ward was his usual busy self. Out of everyone Forsyth looks like our best player. Sammon seems to be struggling to do anything, Russell and Martin also look a yard off it. It will be nice to see out 'Key' players out there soon though.

Highlight of the day, getting a thumbs up from Keogh. Kinda sums it up really.

Not conceded a single goal in pre-season so far - gotta be happy with that ;)

Seriously, it's purely about fitness. Nothing else. I'm surprised we're even on the pitch so early when I'd have thought it would still be fitness work. But results and performance don't matter a jot at this point. As long as people had a run out and no one got injured. Slight shame our boy from Madrid didn't get on.

Though it's great news if Lascelles is a Ram, if only in spirit. For years I thought we should put a cheeky bid in for him...

Not conceded a single goal in pre-season so far - gotta be happy with that ;)

Seriously, it's purely about fitness. Nothing else. I'm surprised we're even on the pitch so early when I'd have thought it would still be fitness work. But results and performance don't matter a jot at this point. As long as people had a run out and no one got injured. Slight shame our boy from Madrid didn't get on.

Though it's great news if Lascelles is a Ram, if only in spirit. For years I thought we should put a cheeky bid in for him...

Not surprised we are playing so early into preseason. Running for fitness is boring, tedious and players get impact injuries from continual pounding on grass/ tracks etc..

When I played rugby, I loved preseason with one particular coach. We did one week of hard running, after that we did no fitness work (well that would be to the untrained eye) we would run around the pitch and stretch off for 10 minutes. Then spend the next hour and half doing everything with ball in hand. Doing drills, two against one, practice rucking, tackling and scrummaging. We would probably run miles and get our body used to the turning, twisting, impacts and short burst running that we would need in a match.

Bucko said that things are a bit different to what they gave been - looking at the videos there seems to have been more emphasis on ball work early compared to the old regime.

You do more work and get more benefit if your enjoying yourself - and dare I say it less likely to pull out of a session just because your legs feel tired.

Ran out of time froggg, 15 hours till kick off for this crunch game, and still no sign of a thread?? Shocking.

Anyway hopefully our Fat barstard Podgy players put in a better performance than they did against Matlock on Thursday.

Kick off 3pm.

Score 0-2

FGS: Bennett

Smoke bombs: Plenty

Next...... Your done for the season with a draw against Ilkeston

Archived