Bryson - Burnley

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was the QPR fans who were on this forum making the point that while everyone wants to be the honest, shrewd spending club, the Premier League is a dark world. And to survive, you have to spend.

Not spend as much as they have done. But it is a fact that the best players come at a price and Burnley have a good chance of staying up but they need to make some quality signings. Players like Troy Deeney are a BIG, BIG risk. It could pay off, but that money would be best directed on someone more proven.

I mean, dare I say it, but Bryson...? Really? Fantastic player to have if you've got him, like we do, but spending good money on him...? I wouldn't have bothered if I was Dyche. I mean, Robert Earnshaw was a cracking Championship striker so in theory he could transfer that form to the Premier League when we signed him... right...? As it turned out, our record signing was a waste of time, a waste of money and to be honest a waste of bloody space.

Meanwhile, fellow promoted club Sunderland Kieran Richardson from Manchester United and stayed up. They splashed out

I'm not sure the analogy with Earnshaw is entirely appropriate. Who knows what went on there? Using an out-and-out striker for 5 minutes every other game just defied logic.

I'm not sure the analogy with Earnshaw is entirely appropriate. Who knows what went on there? Using an out-and-out striker for 5 minutes every other game just defied logic.

Manager asked for Kenwyn Jones and got given Earnshaw... We all know how stubborn he is, he was never going to play someone who wasn't his signing haha

How many Burnley players would we want in our team? Probably Ings and Trippier and that's it.

Are you talking about the Burnley team that wiped the floor 3-0 with the Rams at PP in August and then comfortably sent them packing 2-0 at Turf Moor in March? :)#

It's no coincidence the Rams' two biggest defeats last season were against the best two teams - Leicester and Burnley.

Derby may have had the No 1 championship attack last season but still failed to score even one goal against the division's No 1 defence led by the super Shackell.

Defences and clean sheets win promotion - not the occasional 5-0 drubbing of basket cases like Forest. :)

Are you talking about the Burnley team that wiped the floor 3-0 with the Rams at PP in August and then comfortably sent them packing 2-0 at Turf Moor in March? :)#

It's no coincidence the Rams' two biggest defeats last season were against the best two teams - Leicester and Burnley.

Derby may have had the No 1 championship attack last season but still failed to score even one goal against the division's No 1 defence led by the super Shackell.

Defences and clean sheets win promotion - not the occasional 5-0 drubbing of basket cases like Forest. :)

Actually at Burnley they did have a player you'd always want in your side.

Can't remember his name, err, you know the bloke, played in all black.

I still reckon the best way to approach the Premier League is to have the best team, playing the best football in the Championship, and go up with a side that can survive as is, then adding as you go, as you would had you not gone up, just with some extra cash. This way you can focus your efforts and keep building, rather than suddenly throwing the money about the moment you get there.

There have been cases of this paying off in the past, and to be honest if Thorne were to sign and we somehow got Thorne, I'd actually say we would have a midfield that would be not only capable of Premier League football, but one that would thrive in the environment playing the way we did last season.

Must say Burnley's signing are the type I'd expect a mid-table Championship side to make, but Crystal Palace were probably the worst team get promoted in the past five years yet they finished mid-table in the Prem, the Prem isn't a daunting as it was from 2005-2009!

Yes, we are talking about that burnley that beat cloughs side 3-0

And I would hardly say comfortably sent us packing, considering it should have been 1-1 with 11 players not 1-0 to ten men after Martin slipped and the goal disallowed. So I wouldn't gloat about failing to score a goal against you when you had the ref playing for you either.

And defences and clean sheets don't win you games, goals do, you could have the tightest defence in the world but if you never score you ain't gonna win.

I will also enlighten you that since mac came we earned more points than you suggesting if we had him at the start of the season we would've finished second.

And I would also probably say we enjoyed watching our fiotball more than you watching yours

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with burnley winning promotion as they deserved it, 3 clubs on this league deserved it, you Leicester and us. However I do have a problem with fans who come and try and justify why we didn't deserve to finish in the top two or promotion, when we would have done with the amount of points we got for the last 7 seasons

Archived