Bryson - Burnley

Morning all. Hope you're all feeling a little chipper today following Brysons decision :-)

Would have liked to see him at Burnley and especially for the reported contract clause price.

Seems a big wage and lengthy contract you're paying but for me this shows how highly you wanted him to stay and why Dyche was keen to have him.

Can see why he stayed, easier (no home move and of course the contract) but hope he doesn't regret it if you don't reach the promised land.

Hopefully you've a good chance with a number of players signing extended deals. It would be deserved after last season.

Anyway, we move on (to who I don't know) but best wishes for the upcoming season.

UTC

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be at least 30k I reckon. Why else turn down Burnley

Because he didn't actually have a choice? club said he wasn't for sale and still had a remaining 2 years left, had we accepted a bid and offered him a new contract he would have had a choice to make

But but but "clause.......low.......release"

Maybe it was just to allow him to talk to other clubs, Rush played a blinder and Bryson's agent dropped a ball on that one.

Come on Craig lad, be serious, we was never going to let you go for 750k was we? come here and give us a cuddle you daft bugger and just sign on the line here.

May even be on less wages now?  :p

Maybe it was just to allow him to talk to other clubs, Rush played a blinder and Bryson's agent dropped a ball on that one.

Come on Craig lad, be serious, we was never going to let you go for 750k was we? come here and give us a cuddle you daft bugger and just sign on the line here.

May even be on less wages now? :p

Yeah

If we start the season as we are, obviously we will struggle. Wouldn't call the likes of Deeney, Bryson, Dawson, Taylor "turd" but as yesterday is proof in point of, links are fine but only when they turn into signings.

You've got admit Deeney, Bryson, Dawson...etc are players that are untried at Premier League level and Taylor was released by West Ham.

When you have a look around at other teams in the division, objectively, you've got to wonder what's to be.

I don't think anyone outside Burnley give you a chance, which there is good reason for. I hope it works out for you, but if I was a Claret - I'd be worried. 

Hull went up and signed proven Premier League players, like Huddlestone, Davies, Figueroa, Jelavic, Long...etc and they stayed up. I would be worried if I was in your position. There is a long way to go though, good luck!

At the end of the day Bryso could have spat his dummy oot and if he REALLY wanted a move he would have banged a transfer request in.

Yes he would of lost the signing on fee but to have been offered a reputed 30k per week from a prem side, it would of covered that many times over.

Derby have put a deal on the table for him and he's decided it's better to stay here, yes he will be on more money but no one knows how much the contracts worth, were only guessing.

It shows the ambition we now have. Good times ahead.

Well done Bryso and Derby

Hull went up and signed proven Premier League players, like Huddlestone, Davies, Figueroa, Jelavic, Long...etc and they stayed up. I would be worried if I was in your position. There is a long way to go though, good luck!

On the flipside Swansea and Southampton made the jump without drawing on Premier League experience too much if at all, which - as QPR have shown - can be overvalued.

In any case I wouldn't bet against Burnley staying up. A good team is built on a strong defence, and I can see them being solid like Palace have been. To not score many but to not let in too many in, either. There were a lot of mediocre sides in the Premiership last year. You only have to be the fourth worst to survive.

On the flipside Swansea and Southampton made the jump without drawing on Premier League experience too much if at all, which - as QPR have shown - can be overvalued.

In any case I wouldn't bet against Burnley staying up. A good team is built on a strong defence, and I can see them being solid like Palace have been. To not score many but to not let in too many in, either. There were a lot of mediocre sides in the Premiership last year. You only have to be the fourth worst to survive.

And add Blackpool who very nearly survived without spending a penny on players. The last time we went up we only paid 3 million for Steven Fletcher, 2.4 on Bikey. That was pretty much it and yet got 30 points, and looking back, a win against Wigan would have kept us up. That was even with Coyle leaving us half way through the season. This time Dyche, who will see this season out at least, has better skills which saw us promoted with ease.

Palace pretty much has a Championship team last season and it was the organisation of Pullis that kept them up, not PL players. I think Derby supporters are underestimating what a good manager can do. In recent times Swansea, Palace, Wolves, Birmingham have all stayed up easily in the first season without spending large sums of money, or in some cases hardly any at all.

Depends on the state in which you go up IMO. If we'd gone up last season for example then I wouldn't have expected wholesale changes, rather a sprinkling of experience and cover for all positions.

Thinking about it, I'd have hated to see us go up and then rip the team apart to bring in mercenaries.

Burnley were easily good enough to get promoted last season which shows that you have the basis of a good squad already. I'm not convinced at the moment that the players you're looking at are going to add too much, which could leave you on the lightweight side, and more than a bit vulnerable.

Agree about the good manager point, had Pulis not gone into Palace last season then they'd have been the first team down IMO.

I do sometimes think that sides going up cause a lot of their own problems by trying to change too much about what it was that got them there. Even our last calamitous Premier League campaign, I can't see how we'd have done much worse had we signed no one in the summer and just gone with the same side that got promoted. At least we'd have kept a team spirit about us.....

Ha ha ha

Justice at last were going up this and you will coming back with like 8 points.

don't think so they are a much better club in virtually very way than we were in our inglorious adventure into the premiership

Archived