Bryson - Burnley

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on..... We may well not survive but 8 points! I think your record of 11 will still stand this time next year :-)

So do I. I quite hope you lot do ok!

I think your promotion last season was well deserved and your management team performed miracles to get you in that position!

And add Blackpool who very nearly survived without spending a penny on players. The last time we went up we only paid 3 million for Steven Fletcher, 2.4 on Bikey. That was pretty much it and yet got 30 points, and looking back, a win against Wigan would have kept us up. That was even with Coyle leaving us half way through the season. This time Dyche, who will see this season out at least, has better skills which saw us promoted with ease.

Palace pretty much has a Championship team last season and it was the organisation of Pullis that kept them up, not PL players. I think Derby supporters are underestimating what a good manager can do. In recent times Swansea, Palace, Wolves, Birmingham have all stayed up easily in the first season without spending large sums of money, or in some cases hardly any at all.

I don't think you will do as badly as some on here believe. However I think it really depends on how you adapt the style you played in the Champ to the Prem. Teams who play in a similar style to Burnley don't usually do very well in the Prem as we found out with the Dwarf. 

You have a good manager (at Champ level) and maybe he can alter the style a bit so it suits the Prem. I think you will struggle but you will still be in the race to stay up in March/April time. 

The old adage for any promoted team..... Win your home games....

Ten wins at home and you stay up....

I don't think you will do as badly as some on here believe. However I think it really depends on how you adapt the style you played in the Champ to the Prem. Teams who play in a similar style to Burnley don't usually do very well in the Prem as we found out with the Dwarf. 

You have a good manager (at Champ level) and maybe he can alter the style a bit so it suits the Prem. I think you will struggle but you will still be in the race to stay up in March/April time. 

What style did Billy play? Remember last season, we had the best defence, thus keeping it tight and were the 4th highest goal scorers meaning we created plenty of chances. So we can either shut up shop or go for it.

One thing that stands out about our promotion is that no team has been automatically promoted spending as little as we did.

On the flipside Swansea and Southampton made the jump without drawing on Premier League experience too much if at all, which - as QPR have shown - can be overvalued.

In any case I wouldn't bet against Burnley staying up. A good team is built on a strong defence, and I can see them being solid like Palace have been. To not score many but to not let in too many in, either. There were a lot of mediocre sides in the Premiership last year. You only have to be the fourth worst to survive.

Southampton spent

I mean justice at last they stole shackall for a joke of a fee 1.1m and 2nd they stole promation for us who play hobble football hoof football burnley will be whipping boys.

They never "stole" Shackell, we sold him for a fee that the club (who's money it is) thought was acceptable.

They never "stole" promotion either, they won promotion by winning more games than the teams below and deserve to be in the Premier League this season. 

What style did Billy play? Remember last season, we had the best defence, thus keeping it tight and were the 4th highest goal scorers meaning we created plenty of chances. So we can either shut up shop or go for it.

One thing that stands out about our promotion is that no team has been automatically promoted spending as little as we did.

Not so sure about your last paragraph.... I would say Barnsley did that back in the 90s.... Obviously hard to compare money then and now. But vary similar scenarios.

Like I say win your home games you stay up.

Direct percentage style, although your team probably has more creativity to it than ours did. Your team reminds me of Cardiff's in there promotion season. Solid at the back and had enough goals in them to win games if they needed to. However your strong defence from the Champ will not be as strong in the Prem, far from it. 

I think the problem area for you guys will be midfield, its so easy to get overrun and overpowered in the Prem that's where a lot of your games will be won or lost. I think Ings and Vokes may be ok depending on the service they get from your midfield. 

Like I said Dyche is a good manager at champ level, if he can adapt to the Prem quickly then you have a chance. 

I mean justice at last they stole shackall for a joke of a fee 1.1m and 2nd they stole promation for us who play hobble football hoof football burnley will be whipping boys.

think your wrong on all fronts there B4....

Ha ha ha

Justice at last were going up this and you will coming back with like 8 points.

Lads, dont be too harsh on B4ev6is for this post - we all know he has a pathological hatred for Burnley because they finished 2nd instead of the Rams.

His main gripe is he thinks Burnley are a "dirty" team who cheated their way to promotion by fouling, time-wasting and feigning injury.

I don't think B4 is actually aware or had it pointed out to hime that Burnley won "The Championshi's Fair Play Award" last season and had the LEAST yellow cards in the whole division - about 40 or so compared to the Rams' 70-odd yellows.

Improved discipline next season may earn the Rams those extra few points that can make the difference between automatic promotion or "only" the play-offs.

I'm sure B4 would prefer for Chris "Tom Daley" Martin to try more to stay on his feet this season. :)

Direct percentage style, although your team probably has more creativity to it than ours did. Your team reminds me of Cardiff's in there promotion season. Solid at the back and had enough goals in them to win games if they needed to. However your strong defence from the Champ will not be as strong in the Prem, far from it. 

I think the problem area for you guys will be midfield, its so easy to get overrun and overpowered in the Prem that's where a lot of your games will be won or lost. I think Ings and Vokes may be ok depending on the service they get from your midfield. 

Like I said Dyche is a good manager at champ level, if he can adapt to the Prem quickly then you have a chance. 

Cardiff went down because they had a weirdo running the club. Getting rid of Malky Mackay was a mistake and installing OGS was the problem, not the team.

Archived