Chris Eagles

tomonred

According to The Derby Telegraph, former Bolton midfielder Chris Eagles has been linked to a move to Derby County this summer.

Chris Eagles is looking for a new club after leaving Bolton at the end of last season

The midfielder left Bolton at the end of last season after an up-and-down spell at the club. He was a member of the side that was relegated from the Premier League but was top scorer with 12 goals as the club narrowly missed out on the playoffs a year later.

His final season was blighted by injury which meant he only made 18 appearances and scored just twice. It is also said that Eagles had a fall out with coaches behind the scenes at the club.

The midfielder, who has been training alone this summer, has also attracted the interest of recently relegated Cardiff City.

When asked to comment on his future Eagles said:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm sounds like this could be a goer if DET are reporting it first

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm not that sure about Eagles but I'm not against adding him as another option

If we did sign him, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ward goes...different kind of players I know but just my opinion

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Proven quality that's lost his way slightly, but working under McClaren could see him flourishing. Never liked lining up against teams that had him in the starting XI - streets ahead of Ward IMO, but don't think it needs to be one or the other, the competition would be great.

Oh why not, our wage budget is going to be blown now anyhow after the spate of new contracts.

I get the sense that our budget has been increased now that the ownership is confident of promotion. And given the history of this ownership group, I would think it's the kind of budget that will keep us within FFP. 

When I put budgets together for work, I always call them "investments"  :)

I get the sense that our budget has been increased now that the ownership is confident of promotion. And given the history of this ownership group, I would think it's the kind of budget that will keep us within FFP. 

When I put budgets together for work, I always call them "investments"  :)

When I put them together I call them guesswork

But where would you play him? Dawkins is gonna want a shout this season Wardy too and Russell has the starting spot... Then you've got Bennett knocking on the door...

Good problems to have though.

Personally, I'd have Russell and Eagles starting. If we're up and trying to hold on to the lead, bring Dawkins on (man does not lose the ball!). If we're chasing a game, bring Wardy on for whoever's more tired out of the two wingers. Bennett can go out on loan again.

Ive not heard anything about Eagles.

Doesnt mean to say it wont. But my source hasnt told me anything.

I will ask the question though.

Be a brilliant signing for us.

On a free as well.

Lost his way a bit last season.

But he could really flourish under McClaren.

Ive not heard aenything about Eagles.

Doesnt mean to say it wont. But my source hasnt told me anything.

I will ask the question though.

Be a brilliant signing for us.

On a free as well.

Lost his way a bit last season.

But he could really flourish under McClaren.

Wouldnt love or hate this if true agree with you. If he comes in McClaren we trust.

Archived