Scott Allan joins on trial

Stuniverse

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From chasing one of our reserves to one of our cast offs who didn't make the squad. The gulf between the Premier and the Championship is greater than alot of you think.

Well someone has got to give British players a chance!

Allan is obviously a talented player though, that's never been in doubt. 

What's to say McClaren can't help him progress? What's to say he can? Who knows...

The gulf between the Premier League and Championship is proven every year, when teams who get relegated struggle to get back up, despite the massive financial head start. 

Ross McCormack was two, maybe three times the player that Kranjcar was last season - It's not as black and white as people think. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.

Our left back, who struggled to get into Bradford's team last season, has been outstanding for us. He was whoscored's top left back in the league, comfortably too, so it's daft to think players with ability cannot excel with good coaching and the right system.

While I'm sure Scott Allan would be a useful addition to the squad and would provide decent competition for our other midfielders, him being on trial with us doesn't bode well with regards to the Bryson and Thorne situations. If his trial is successful and he is offered a contract it's surely as either a replacement for Bryson or as an alternative to Thorne.  It's a good move to pursue alternatives even if Thorne eventually signs and Bryson does stay, but it would be a bit of a shock if we had all 3 at the club next season as well as Hendrick, Hughes, Coutts and Eustace.

Your board was what came straight to mind when I read you are looking to sign Allan, after i'd stopped laughing :rolleyes:

Apparently he is a friend off Johnny Russell and asked to train with Derby whilst he sorts himself a move back to Scotland.Of course whilst he does Derby get to look at him but he is not at this time someone they are looking to sign.

Apparently he is a friend off Johnny Russell and asked to train with Derby whilst he sorts himself a move back to Scotland.Of course whilst he does Derby get to look at him but he is not at this time someone they are looking to sign.

There's a very big difference between "training with us" and "a trial". The DET has been using the latter so, if he does impress, chances are we'll be signing him (I assume). The club would make the distinction if he was just trying to get a move back to Scotland.

Very good player that I'd be happy to see join though. If Bryson were to leave, he's a ready-made replacement.

Spoil sport :p

Your board was what came straight to mind when I read you are looking to sign Allan, after i'd stopped laughing :rolleyes:

That's ok. Your board was what came straight to mind when I stepped in doggydos the other day.

From chasing one of our reserves to one of our cast offs who didn't make the squad. The gulf between the Premier and the Championship is greater than alot of you think.

Get you!! Some kind of Prem legends are ya? Certainly been setting the fooker alight recently haven't you?! Gulf off Yam Yam x

Get you!! Some kind of Prem legends are ya? Certainly been setting the fooker alight recently haven't you?! Gulf off Yam Yam x

I know, the truth hurts, but you have loads of money to spend so fear not.

ps, I'm a Brummie, not from the black country

At 22 well worth a look at, especially a freebie, many a good player have been overlooked and then flourished, WBA academy is probably quite poor at developing talent that requires a bit of time and effort.

Young players that we have released have never gone on to play for a "better" team and usually drop down the leagues. i.e, they don't make it else where either

Young players that we have released have never gone on to play for a "better" team and usually drop down the leagues. i.e, they don't make it else where either

That's some success rate for ruining careers.

Bravo West Brom!

Probably broke them then - bah beaten to it...

Perhaps that is why Thorne wants to get out...

Archived