Scott Allan joins on trial

Stuniverse

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young players that we have released have never gone on to play for a "better" team and usually drop down the leagues. i.e, they don't make it else where either

Lloyd Dyer hasn't done bad for himself...

But, I do have to admit that's the only one I can think of. 

Fortunately, Allan spent a lot of his development with Dundee so there's always that. 

If it's his attitude that's the issue then McLaren will soon sort that out! We all saw that he sent Bennett off to Chesterfield because of his attitude last season. It showed him who was boss and how difficult it is to get into a team even in that sort of division. That said we know full well that if his attitude does stink then we will treat him in very much the same way :)

If it's his attitude that's the issue then McLaren will soon sort that out! We all saw that he sent Bennett off to Chesterfield because of his attitude last season. It showed him who was boss and how difficult it is to get into a team even in that sort of division. That said we know full well that if his attitude does stink then we will treat him in very much the same way :)

I would imagine Bennetts loan spell was more to do with aiding his development than him being disruptive to the squad.  The lads been in and around the first team squad for the last couple of years and, even with the best will in the world, it's easy to start getting a touch complacent when he should be upping his work rate as he develops. The loan spell was probably a gentle reminder of the work needed to hold down a place at DCFC but at the same time it was likely a planned step as part of his development.

Lloyd Dyer hasn't done bad for himself...

But, I do have to admit that's the only one I can think of. 

Fortunately, Allan spent a lot of his development with Dundee so there's always that. 

Allan was dropped mid-way through the season by Blues due to his lack of work rate.

Lloyd Dyer, the player you had on trial but opted not to sign, that went on to Millwall, MK Dons, Leicester and Watford. 

Marcus Haber is another player we signed and never got to play a game with us.

Young players that we have released have never gone on to play for a "better" team and usually drop down the leagues. i.e, they don't make it else where either

Steve Bull did well after he left you, dropped a league or two admittedly, but certainly went to a bigger club :-p

Just a bit of information on Scott Allan.

Firstly he is a very good footballer who if he applied himself correctly could easily shine in the Premiership and I think you should sign him but you must also consider the following:

His attitude absolutely stinks

He has serious fitness issues

Mentally not 100% after putting someone in critical condition by running them over

If you believe you can fix these issues then definitely sign him as he will be absolute class if right.

Just a bit of information on Scott Allan.

Firstly he is a very good footballer who if he applied himself correctly could easily shine in the Premiership and I think you should sign him but you must also consider the following:

His attitude absolutely stinks

He has serious fitness issues

Mentally not 100% after putting someone in critical condition by running them over

If you believe you can fix these issues then definitely sign him as he will be absolute class if right.

Is he related to Joey Barton?

I think if he was to sign, it would be because he has shown his talent in training and would be worth a go consdiering he is on a free...also the fact he has played with Russell before at Dundee Utd and also knows Thorne (when he signs) from his time at WBA so hopefully those 2 could help him settle and get his head screwed on.

I think if he was to sign, it would be because he has shown his talent in training and would be worth a go consdiering he is on a free...also the fact he has played with Russell before at Dundee Utd and also knows Thorne (when he signs) from his time at WBA so hopefully those 2 could help him settle and get his head screwed on.

How does he know Thorne?

Thorne was injured and then out on loan, meanwhile Allan was out on loan. But don't let facts get in the way of clutching straws :D

Archived