Why do you follow the Rams

Just wondering if theres any other reasons we all follow the Rams.

As a kid i followed dirty Leeds for no other reason  than i liked there yellow

kit with the blue and white stripe down the arm. (I don't mind any abuse

i'm about to get for owning up to this) My brothers where not to impressed either

had many a beating whenever leeds beat Derby and i was a cheeky little barsteward.

But in 1978 my brother took me to watch a Derby Game and the rest they say is history.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think, if you'd stayed a Leeds fan then you'd have Ross McCormack right now...

A family friend dragged me along. I was into wrestling. Football is boooring. Was all about Legion Of Dhoom and Earthquake and Typhoon. 5-0 win over Tranmere and Tatanka was history.

As an impressionable 6 or 7 year old, glory seeking Liverpool fan coming from a family full of derby fans I still remember listening to the radio and hearing how exited Graham Richards got over a consolation goal in a 3 - 1? defeat to Grimsby? in the mid 80's and thinking "Jesus! just imagine how mental everyone will go when derby win the league again"

Paying for a previous life I think... Must have been a serial killer before.

Surely that would have made you a gump.

My older brothers were Derby fans but I didn't get interested until we were fighting for survival in the mid eighties, asked one of them to take me along and I was bitten by the bug and it's been a roller coaster of emotion ever since - if only our Phil has said "no"

Think, if you'd stayed a Leeds fan then you'd have Ross McCormack right now...

A family friend dragged me along. I was into wrestling. Football is boooring. Was all about Legion Of Dhoom and Earthquake and Typhoon. 5-0 win over Tranmere and Tatanka was history.

So you started supporting Derby last season?

Taken to my first match in 62, and hooked ever since!

Oh the 60s, .............centre halves with no front teeth, wing halves, inside left, inside right, outside left, outside right, crunching tackles and centre forwards built like brick ***** houses and a Bill Curry autograph, priceless!

Archived