Ross McCormack

P12tfc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@phillhayYEP still away on holiday atm but no Ross McCormack on the plane to Italy I'm told. #lufc

bit of info from the chief foitball writer of the yorkshire evening post, if anyone actually believes we will sign ross

I don't understand the tweet

What I can't understand is Leeds are apparently that broke that they're asking players to bring packed lunches to training yet the can afford to go to Italy for pre-season training.

My friend who scouts for a championship team told me yesterday that somebody who was connected to Leeds told him that the players were being made to pay for their own football socks and meals... 

We both spoke about it and agreed it was definitely not the norm but on thinking about it further what is the harm in them paying for their socks and meals. A tenner three times a week at training for some snap is hardly going to bankrupt them and as for the socks ya joe bloggs has to buy his own underwear for work (in most cases). 

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if buying the socks was part of a plan to get more revenue going into the club shop with the players not losing any money as uniform can be an allowable deduction for tax purposes so the money would just be going to the club rather than the tax man... IF HMRC decide that football socks do not have a duel purpose as I doubt most see them as fashion...

Rumour going round that Cellino tried to reduce his contract because he didn't score enough goals towards the end of the season...  :lol:

4 goals, 3 assists in his last 10 games. Booo, not good enough for Leeds United Massimo Cellino. 

Also, take this with a pinch of salt, but the announcement that he wants to leave comes exactly 14 days (cooling off period) after season ticket renewal deadline. 

I don't really believe either, but certainly something is going amiss. I'd be up in arms if that was my club. 

My friend who scouts for a championship team told me yesterday that somebody who was connected to Leeds told him that the players were being made to pay for their own football socks and meals...

We both spoke about it and agreed it was definitely not the norm but on thinking about it further what is the harm in them paying for their socks and meals. A tenner three times a week at training for some snap is hardly going to bankrupt them and as for the socks ya joe bloggs has to buy his own underwear for work (in most cases).

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if buying the socks was part of a plan to get more revenue going into the club shop with the players not losing any money as uniform can be an allowable deduction for tax purposes so the money would just be going to the club rather than the tax man... IF HMRC decide that football socks do not have a duel purpose as I doubt most see them as fashion...

Does seem a bit like they're paying subs again, I know it's not much for a footballer but it's pretty much unheard of for a professional club. Even at Portsmouth with all their money troubles didn't make their players pay for the kit

Had a quick look at Derbymad and a Gump :ph34r: on there reckons he has heard that McCormack has now told Leeds he wants out and has not been included in the Italy training camp.

Goes on to say that there are three clubs in for him and we are a strong contender and we are in negotiations. Also claims we were close to signing him three weeks ago but held off, allowing other clubs in. 

Personally I can't see it but things have been very quiet recently on the transfer front and this is usually when something comes out of the blue. 

There's something in this.

Whenever we are linked with a player, if theres no truth it is normally dismissed instantly by Steve Nicholson at the telegraph.

McCormack has been mentioned several times and never once has it been dismissed.

I still think he will go for 4-5 million.

The owners have said that if the right player came up, they would spend.

Well he is the right player.

What happened to the original poster who claimed he was friends with McCormack - how quiet has he gone!?!?

He's a bookie.

Archived