Ross McCormack

P12tfc

I think he'll feature a lot, scored a fair amount last season in Australia and has 7 or 8 caps already at 21. They also have Mitroglou (will probably leave), Rodallega (Can't see Prem teams wanting him), Woodrow (got a couple games at the end of last season), Dembele (Got a few games last season), Trotta, David and Ruiz (Will probably leave). Most of them are quite young but they got a chance last season in the Prem so maybe Felix is willing to play them in the Champ

Been watching the A-league for years (I live in Australia) and whilst he scored a few this season, he is a long way from being a good Championship striker at this point. Don't get me wrong, he's developing and given a few good years may well make a good championship striker in a few years, but I can't see it this season, and I can't see him starting any where near first choice for them.

Also, whilst he was in the squad for the World Cup, Taggart was an injury replacement for Josh Kennedy. He's a decent enough young player, but his best international appearances came in the East Asian Championship qualifiers a few years against such powerhouse football sides as Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong and North Korea. He was a virtual spectator last night against Spain as well (although, you know, Spain).

I have no doubt that he'll make a fine player one day, but they're surely signing him as one for the future, and if they were in the market for a first choice striker (that is, if they were interested in McCormack), then him signing isn't likely to be a signal of a change in mind. Don't get me wrong, I'd be elated if he gets good game time there, but I think that he's some way off.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love him to be a Derby player but I just can't see it. 1.5 on Juke, 3 mil on Thorne and then at least 4 on McCormack taking our total spending to at least 8.5 million and then there's still a RB needed :unsure:

Why buy Juke and McCormack? I'd rather just have one and a solid right back?

Nah he is Scottish he is going to be in Greggs. They are susceptible to pastry based goods. 

I'm only part-Scottish, but what you say is true. Greggs are a sweaty-magnet.

PistoldPete2

In the Sun today [so it must be right] he's told Leeds he will be leaving .Still think we should lock the thread.

he's told them he will be leaving rather than asking them for a transfer? Maybe that's what George did wrong

@phillhayYEP still away on holiday atm but no Ross McCormack on the plane to Italy I'm told. #lufc

bit of info from the chief foitball writer of the yorkshire evening post, if anyone actually believes we will sign ross

Archived