One of those transfer windows

Hans

Really hope it's not one of those those windows where we sign a couple of free agent, and just pad out the swuad with new loan signings, and we sell a player that doesn't get replaced.

I want to see:

RB- Loan

CB- Please please please sign another CB

CB - Free Agent

CDM- We won't get Thorne

ST- loan

L/R wing - capable

Can guarantee this will happen, I'd rather than sign Thorne for £3 million, resign our previous loanees. Promote made Lowe, sign a cheap argentine wonder kid and make one good free agent signing. You heard if from me. Is this transfer window is a disaster it will be because of failure to acquire our main targets and more driftwood replacing the old. There's little to suggest we're learning the lessons of the past so far. I'd just go offer £3 million for Thorne, if that gets rejected, I'd tell WB to f''k off. We could sign Ince from Brighton for half that. Hold onto to all our main players and make some champions league loan signings and we're sorted.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This close season/summer is already dragging like a bitch. so much dross knocking around most notably thornewatch and sheer bryson panic. We were told to be patient....plenty of time.

Another thread about Thorne and who we should sign. 

You're right it is going to be "one of those transfer windows"...

It's not about that, Thorne by vast consensus is our primary target, what does it say about us and our ambitions if we cannot sign him barring a ridiculous price. This isn't about who we should sign, it's about what we need to get promoted.

It's not about that, Thorne by vast consensus is our primary target, what does it say about us and our ambitions if we cannot sign him barring a ridiculous price. This isn't about who we should sign, it's about what we need to get promoted.

TBH, I'd say it would say jacktish about us and everything about WBA if we can't get Thorne over the line. We've made it clear we want him (perhaps too much so); WBA are possibly playing hardball, possibly just trying to sort themselves out.

Our management need to show we won't be held over a barrel and there is still plenty of time to sort this out. It would be silly to hold out for Thorne and resolve it by either (a) paying way over the odds or (b) too long so that potential alternatives are lost.

Our management team have sufficient experience to play this game. As others have said, we've been told we may have to be patient. Not sure what else other than such honesty we should be asking for right now.

Will someone wake me up in August please, can't take much more of this!

There's a little something starting this weekend which may offer a distraction.

By way of serious question (I'm too lazy and flu ridden to look it up), I'd assume most deals are concluded far later in the off season in World Cup years. Surely, this is historically true?

"We" for me is Australia.

So "we" will be lucky not to have a Gumps scoreline against us at least once, perhaps twice. Thrice is too pessimistic although the odds would be interesting.

For the record, though, I support England once Australia is eliminated. This year I'm lowering the bar to supporting England scoring in the likelihood that Australia won't.

Really hope it's not one of those those windows where we sign a couple of free agent, and just pad out the swuad with new loan signings, and we sell a player that doesn't get replaced.

I want to see:

RB- Loan

CB - Free Agent

CDM- We won't get Thorne

ST- loan

L/R wing - capable

Can guarantee this will happen, I'd rather than sign Thorne for £3 million, resign our previous loanees. Promote made Lowe, sign a cheap argentine wonder kid and make one good free agent signing. You heard if from me. Is this transfer window is a disaster it will be because of failure to acquire our main targets and more driftwood replacing the old. There's little to suggest we're learning the lessons of the past so far. I'd just go offer £3 million for Thorne, if that gets rejected, I'd tell WB to f''k off. We could sign Ince from Brighton for half that. Hold onto to all our main players and make some champions league loan signings and we're sorted.

Wow, that simple? Just sign a wonderkid... Hey guys, did you know the secret of football? Yeah, turns out all you have to do is sign wonderkids. Simple as that...

Fairly certain if we just "just sign a cheap wonder kid" that easily, we would have done...

Wow, that simple? Just sign a wonderkid... Hey guys, did you know the secret of football? Yeah, turns out all you have to do is sign wonderkids. Simple as that...

Fairly certain if we just "just sign a cheap wonder kid" that easily, we would have done...

What about that Alban Bunjaku? </sarcasm>

I want to see:

RB- Loan

CB - Free Agent

CDM- We won't get Thorne

ST- loan

L/R wing - capable

After reading this post it seams that you have undone your opening statement by "padding " out the squad with 2 loans and free agents. I would like to see a rb cb st cdm all signed perm n perhaps try n get wisdom on loan and loan cf not Bamford though great potential but personally think you can see his heart was not in it for Derby.

Cheap Argentinian wonderkid...  :lol:  :lol:

It was always going to be a transfer window of trying to recoup what we had, and then adding a few extra bodies. I don't quite know what people expected.

With, potentially, Bryson going then it does leave the door open to one big signing, maybe two if Thorne is to leave as well. 

Wisdom and Bamford, who knows? I don't fancy either to be immediately close to first-team action so there is scope to getting them back, in one form or another, but then again I fancy Premier League teams to be in for both.

What we do have is strong connections to the top producing academies in the country. I only know Chelsea's NextGen team well, but I'd argue they have four or five lads that would strengthen our side and that's before we look at other players returning from loan. 

There is the ability out there, it's just whether we're able to snap it up.

Maybe Chelsea will lend us Van Ginkel, Atsu and Paizon. And then we can say Bryson, Thorne and Bamford who?  :lol:

The previous management's list of targets often sneaked out rather early (even before the season ended).

Other than the Thorne fiasco (which is obviously public due to his successful loan spell and Thorne's comments), I'm guessing the clubs wants to be more discrete about their list of targets, which overall might be a better approach.

If we don't spend a lot this window then i'm out. I'm fed up supporting a club who are run well. I want boom and bust not steady, sustainable growth. I don't want a good team spirit of lads who genuinely like each other.

I want mercenaries, ex-prem players on one last big contract, I want agents creaming themselves over flogging bang average players being paid tens of thousands a week to us.

Boo everyone out!

Sell the club to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, 

Appoint Arry as Director of throwing money away.

Joe Kinnear and Dennis Wise as Joint directors of Hoofball

Headhunt Tony Pulis from Palarse

guaranteed top 8 finish in the Prem within 2 seasons.

Archived