IF George isn't a Thorne in our side?

Tricky1884

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Eustace in the side we were easily top four last season?  It's not like Thorne came into an underperforming side and single handily dragged us to third, he was the icing on the cake not the cake.

Thorne added a lot e.g. energy, pace and goals over Eustace but Eustace brings experience and knows the league inside-out. 

I'm sure if we do not get Thorne we will have other targets in the pipeline.

With Eustace in the side we were easily top four last season?  It's not like Thorne came into an underperforming side and single handily dragged us to third, he was the icing on the cake not the cake.

Thorne added a lot e.g. energy, pace and goals over Eustace but Eustace brings experience and knows the league inside-out. 

I'm sure if we do not get Thorne we will have other targets in the pipeline.

Hope we aim for top two next season though. I know we'd have targets but I know some people will know who is out there. That's all.

If we didn't get Thorne I'd probably want another Eustace type. As good as Thorne is as a playmaker he makes the team lopsided because of the fullback having to stay back.

I didn't get that at all.

I thought Thorne was a lot more defensively minded than Eustace and would also play a lot deeper role, if needed. Eustace often reverted to the box-to-box midfielder he once was.

I didn't get that at all.

I thought Thorne was a lot more defensively minded than Eustace and would also play a lot deeper role, if needed. Eustace often reverted to the box-to-box midfielder he once was.

When we were controlling the game and pinning the opposition in their final third you would often see Thorne further forward, looking to pick up the loose ball and sustain the pressure whereas you would quite often see Eustace just sit in front if the centre halves.

When we were controlling the game and pinning the opposition in their final third you would often see Thorne further forward, looking to pick up the loose ball and sustain the pressure whereas you would quite often see Eustace just sit in front if the centre halves.

I'd argue the toss, but hey-ho.

We conceded 10 goals in 12 games when Thorne was involved, and he had a lot more tackles, passes, interceptions..etc than Eustace. 

I do think Eustace was okay, but always had Thorne down as a lot more defensively minded and all-round a better player.

i think he's quality but not having him wouldn't affect us that much 

He's not integral to the squad in the same way Martin is but having him would be a huge bonus. After all, he's another player that could make the immediate step up to the Premier League in my opinion.

He's a good player and it would be great to have him. But with WBA not looking like selling (or quoting a ridiculous figure) then we need to move on. I have no doubt that we can find a player for that position within our budget and as effective as Thorne. Eustace will be a good rotation option.

Archived