Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

My immediate reaction was this, but haven given it some thought it MIGHT work out for him.His pace on the counter, his energy, his runs that leave space for a crosser, his late runs into the box, I could see all of this attributes working in Burnley's system. 

He wouldn't get his foot on the ball as much, but at the end of the day, when has he really ever controlled a game from midfield anyway? 

When we don't have possession, that's when he is poor. 

He isn't a player that works well on the counter, although he works hard and runs, when given the ball he needs players in a close proximity to work with.

At Burnley, I think he'll be more isolated and outdone by better athletes. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I've just had a look at his profile and the more and more I read, the more I thought, "well that hasn't happened yet" or "well that was in a paper the next day".

I bet his source is a journo with Derby links.

To be honest Nixon is seemingly more accurate, so your right, probably knows a journo or is very keen on watching twitter rumours. Who knows though.

Still not convinced... but if he was to go, I think it's his age being the key factor. He's nearly 28, and if we don't go up this year his chance will probably be gone to play at the highest level.

When we don't have possession, that's when he is poor. 

He isn't a player that works well on the counter, although he works hard and runs, when given the ball he needs players in a close proximity to work with.

At Burnley, I think he'll be more isolated and outdone by better athletes. 

They like to work in a cross and I think his combination play in those sort of areas in excellent, so I think that'd be a useful asset for them. He also has the pace and energy to get forward and back. 

Don't get me wrong, I think, even in the Prem, he'd be better for us than he would for them, but I still think he'll be alright for them. They could probably get better, but it's him they've picked out, so good luck to him. 

Can't believe that we reportedly want £2mfor Bryson. Our that Derby fans think that's reasonable!

Leeds are reported as demanding £6m for Ross McCormack. This is Leeds a club in do much financial trouble they struggle to pay their players each month. And they're holding out for £5m+ for Mccormack.

We're in a much stronger position financially and are pushing for promotion in the league and we're going to sell arguably the best attacking midfielder in the division last season for £2m. And this is when he has 2 years left on his contact. If he only had 6 months left then fair enough.

He's a vital part of our team and we neither want nor need to sell him.

We should be demanding a fee of £5m+ for him.

I guess we will pass him on the way down at the end of next season.

He is a key player that will be missed. But if he wants to go then we might aswell let him go and ensure we get a bigger & better player in, either on load or permanent (Thorne)

He is 29 in November. Due to the type of player he is last season was probably his peak, if not next season will be. I would like to still keep him, I think he has something to offer us for at least another 3 seasons, even in the PL. I don't know why he would want to sign for Burnley. Their facilities and Burnley itself is a complete dive. If he wanted to leave there would be more than just Burnley interested in him. Anything less than £3m would be terrible business. Look at all the goals and assists he got for us last season. 

If he goes.... He goes with my best wishes.

However, he's replaceable.... I could see Hendrick maturing into his role. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hit double figures next season if injury free.

Also 5million for Bryson? No chance! We will get between 1.5 and 2m which is fair price for his excellent season he had last season.

End of the day if he wants to go.... Let him.

PistoldPete2

I would say 1.5-2 million is a good price and like mafia bob says i think it will be the making of hendrick. If he wants to leave then let him go and wish him all the best. Onwards and upwards.

Think thats too low. No idea what price he should be , will depend on whether he wants to go, but £1.5 m would be too low.  

£1.5-2m? You're all mad.

Burnley just earned themselves £90m+ yet they bid less than 1% for arguably or best player and we were one place behind them in the league.

If we'd have gone up instead of Burnley would we have been talking £1.5m for Trippier? No. We'd accept he's one of their best players and it would take £3m+ to get him and we'd probably urge the board to pay it.

We don't NEED to sell. We don't WANT to sell. He's going to be hard to replace. Their aren't many high energy 16 goal a season midfielders out there. Why should we be reasonable about it? He's an important player to us and selling him would weaken us at a time we' tree trying to strengthen. If Burnley want him then make them pay through the nose to get him. They'd do the same to us in our position.

£1.5-2m? You're all mad.

Burnley just earned themselves £90m+ yet they bid less than 1% for arguably or best player and we were one place behind them in the league.

If we'd have gone up instead of Burnley would we have been talking £1.5m for Trippier? No. We'd accept he's one of their best players and it would take £3m+ to get him and we'd probably urge the board to pay it.

We don't NEED to sell. We don't WANT to sell. He's going to be hard to replace. Their aren't many high energy 16 goal a season midfielders out there. Why should we be reasonable about it? He's an important player to us and selling him would weaken us at a time we' tree trying to strengthen. If Burnley want him then make them pay through the nose to get him. They'd do the same to us in our position.

£1.5-2m? You're all mad.

I was thinking £2mil would be a fair price, but now you've put that I'd agree. Guess us selling players for peanuts over recent times has got us into that mindset.

I was thinking £2mil would be a fair price, but now you've put that I'd agree. Guess us selling players for peanuts over recent times has got us into that mindset.

When you think about it as well, just a year ago we sold a fullback who didn't get many assists with a year left on his contract for £1.5,000,000 rising to £2,000,000. Midfielders cost more, Bryson has longer on his contract and scores and creates goals. Is £2,000,000 really what we should be looking for?  

Archived