Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is some form of clause in Bryson's contract, confirmed by Owen Bradley a while back.

Andy Miller ‏@Retro_31 Jun 14

@OwenBradley Had you heard anything prior to Alan Nixon's tweets about Bryson's £750k buy out clause and is there any truth in it? Thanks!

Owen Bradley ‏@OwenBradley Jun 14

Owen Bradley‏@OwenBradley Jun 14

@Retro_31 Alan is a top journo and if that's what he's been told, fair enough. I haven't been told that. Let's see what happens.

That sounds ike...

If someone bids 750k plus, we have to inform Bryson and his agent, but are under no obligation whatsoever to accept the bid.

If he wants to talk to them he can, but only after that, should he be interested in the move, do we negotiate a fee. A fee that could be anything.

So not really a release clause, despite claims that it is.

The only downside is that by not agreeing a fee you'll end up keeping a player who wants to be elsewhere - but in Bryson's case this doesn't especially worry anyone as he's not the sort of player to sulk or not put in the effort.

the biggest issue here is why have the football club not tried to sort his contract out ? they have known for 6 months that there is plenty of interest in him and it beggars belief they have not got this sorted out before this stage

the biggest issue here is why have the football club not tried to sort his contract out ? they have known for 6 months that there is plenty of interest in him and it beggars belief they have not got this sorted out before this stage

I'd imagine we have, but Bryson obviously isn't keen on sticking around.

Which is fair enough, I guess.

Plenty of interest? Calm down, Craig. You are a decent player but that is too much.

It is like with Will Hughes. Everybody wants him but we had no real offers at all. And hardly will... this summer.

I'd imagine we have, but Bryson obviously isn't keen on sticking around.

Which is fair enough, I guess.

You've gone into pessimist mode again.

Bryson is contracted for 2 more seasons, until the end of 2015/16.

His contract doesn't need sorting out - this clause is worthless - we don't have to accept any bids, just inform him.

IF he decides he wants to move we enter proper transfer negotiations. There is no actual indication that hhe's desperate to move - signing a new contract is not necessary - he's here for 2 years unless we decide to sell or he forces a move.

Sam rush may not be the Owner, But he has a large say in transfer negotiations, who do you think negotiates and argues quite often lengthy negotiations, a busy businessmen with a billion pound company to run or someone who's paid to do exactly these sort of things? Believe me, rush has as much a say in transfers as mac, Simmo, Steele and Evans and his scouts do

i can probably guarantee it's rush doing the negotiating with WVA over thorne

Sam rush may not be the Owner, But he has a large say in transfer negotiations, who do you think negotiates and argues quite often lengthy negotiations, a busy businessmen with a billion pound company to run or someone who's paid to do exactly these sort of things? Believe me, rush has as much a say in transfers as mac, Simmo, Steele and Evans and his scouts do

It's probably Sam's job to sort out the nitty gritty.

You've gone into pessimist mode again.

Bryson is contracted for 2 more seasons, until the end of 2015/16.

His contract doesn't need sorting out - this clause is worthless - we don't have to accept any bids, just inform him.

IF he decides he wants to move we enter proper transfer negotiations. There is no actual indication that hhe's desperate to move - signing a new contract is not necessary - he's here for 2 years unless we decide to sell or he forces a move.

Maybe, but I can understand why he wouldn't be interested in signing another contract here and why it maybe his time to move on - in his point of view anyway.

Bryson is a good footballer, but his greatest asset is his intelligence and the way he plays in our system, at the minute, is perfect for him. But, I wouldn't put good money on him scoring 15+ goals again next season and if went to Burnley, in their system, then I'd expect him to be a flop.

He isn't an exceptional player, technically he is behind Hughes, Hendrick and Thorne, but he/we knew how to impose himself on the game more here and get the most out of him.

I don't think he is a player that can play in any system and still look brilliant, which is why I don't think Scotland are massively keen on him being a key player there.

Bryson is smart enough to realise where he is as a footballer, he isn't flashy in anyway and he will see players with greater technical ability doing a lot worse than him. Therefore, I think if he is to earn big money at all in his career then he will have to move now while his stock is up.

He is the most effective player in the squad, absolutely no doubt, but technically he is behind the likes of Hughes, Hendrick, Martin...etc but makes up for it in energy.

I agree, he is unlikely to match the amount of goals he scored this past season and Hendrick and Hughes have more room for improvement than Bryson but we are at our best when our tempo is high (what team isn't I suppose) and his energy is focal to that and he suits our system well.

I do think we could cope without him but I would feel much better if we did manage to keep hold of him.

His assets aren't just limited to offense either...his harassing pushes the opposition back and reduces the amount of key passes their team is able to attempt.

i can probably guarantee it's rush doing the negotiating with WVA over thorne

Don't think anyone has said otherwise.

Nixon is changing the subject now. I think the Bryson and Keogh deal, that was as good as done the other day, isn't quite as clear cut as he thinks so he's teasing the Burnley fans with talk of a striker, hoping they'd forget about Bryso.

Archived