Umbro - New Kit

New Kit  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like it. Restrained, understated elegance.

Plenty of design gone into it.

It's much harder to pull off a "simplistic" style of design than to put gimmicky stripes, hoops or patterns to hide poor design.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did I say it didn't? I think it has a design. A lot of kits in the 70's and 80's were like this, with similar neck areas ect.

Hmm? You didn't say it didn't, I did. It hasnt been made specifically to look like a 70s kit though, it's a base template they wiill use for hundreds of clubs (at all levels, not just professional) up and down the country,

I could buy a plain white vest from M&S and call that retro,.

Oh here he is.

You turn your nose up at super glamour model stars in Derby shirts!!

C'mon, let's have a verdict.

2/10?

I'm going to surprise you.

My protestations aren't about how it looks. It looks alright, it coud look far, far worse.

But...

Four for looks

Zero for effort

One for my special 'unique to Derby' rating, and that's only because they could be arsed to put the badge on.

= FIVE overall

Some people just live to moan. Its simple, retro (barring the JustEat.co.uk) looks smart and i'm 100% certain it will look really smart when on. 

These people moaning will have been the same saying 'why have black stripes i want it plain' this time last year. Its a football shirt, not a fashion show ffs.

Archived