"CB squad player"

North_Stand_Ram

kingsy1884, on 15 Jun 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

I heard it was because shacks had his way with Steve Davies's missus which caused disruption in the dressing room hence Davies wanting out and people didnt get along with Shackell something similar happened at Wolves as well so I have heard. Still just over £1mil for him was a poor piece of business though.

I saw Shackell out in Nottingham one night and asked him, he said it was 'Me and Clough never saw eye-to-eye.' and he went into training one day and got told he was off to Burnley... told me he didn't want to leave, especially not to go Burnley.

I wasn't sure I could post the above 'rumour' as it is probably DCFC's first super injunction!

But think about it....he has form for that, was sold quickly, SD wanted to move for family reasons but ended up further from all his relations!

No wonder he did not see 'eye to eye' with NC, a manager whose whole ethos is team building!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko Protected Tweets 21m

@ianallen1 And about to sign a cover centre half

@reluctantnicko is that related to the keogh situation or would we look for an additional one if keogh were to go?

I saw Shackell out in Nottingham one night and asked him, he said it was 'Me and Clough never saw eye-to-eye.' and he went into training one day and got told he was off to Burnley... told me he didn't want to leave, especially not to go Burnley. 

So he didn't mention asking for  a wage increase because his Agent was turning his head with promise of other clubs who would pay him more? That was the alleged "off the record" story from Glick wasn't it?

All adds up then - if he didn't get on with Clough that well  -you can see why they might have just shipped him straight out the door to the highest bidder if he tried that

slightly disappointing, he had a shocker vs Leeds.

Really? I thought he was OK. At fault for none of the 4 goals against Ipswich either and he scored.

So half a dozen cryptic tweets and the CB squad player is Whitbread. A little surprised as I thought he was out of the frame.

Wonder whether Bucko will move on?

I've got to be honest, i was assuming we are looking at CB cover, aside from Keogh and Bucko. I also thought Whitbread would likely come too. All this talk about our two starters "moving on" and Whitbread not being signed is premature. I can't see us letting any of them go without big fee or adequate replacement. And even then, why would they want to leave the best team in the division?

Archived