"CB squad player"

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people seem to think Barker was top class? He was an midtable championship centre half and he'll never even reach that level again. Retire and become a coach.

Barker and Keogh or Leacock and Moore who would you have chosen in the Premier league?

Barker and Keogh or Leacock and Moore who would you have chosen in the Premier league?

Both combinations would have had a similar gory outcome. The more I think about him, the worse he was. However, in fairness to Barker, he did seem to be playing on one leg for most of his time. 

I think it was, times have change and he'd like the set-up. Cloughie just shipped him off as soon as he saw more than a million! But can you imagine the back line:-

Forsyth - Keogh/Buxton - Shackell - Wisdom

That would put England's back line to shame

mind you, my gran, goldfish, rabbit and left arm could put England's defence to shame, all they do is sort of flop about hopelessly 

I think it was, times have change and he'd like the set-up. Cloughie just shipped him off as soon as he saw more than a million! But can you imagine the back line:-

Forsyth - Keogh/Buxton - Shackell - Wisdom

I heard it was because shacks had his way with Steve Davies's missus which caused disruption in the dressing room hence Davies wanting out and people didnt get along with Shackell something similar happened at Wolves as well so I have heard. Still just over £1mil for him was a poor piece of business though.

I heard it was because shacks had his way with Steve Davies's missus which caused disruption in the dressing room hence Davies wanting out and people didnt get along with Shackell something similar happened at Wolves as well so I have heard. Still just over £1mil for him was a poor piece of business though.

I saw Shackell out in Nottingham one night and asked him, he said it was 'Me and Clough never saw eye-to-eye.' and he went into training one day and got told he was off to Burnley... told me he didn't want to leave, especially not to go Burnley. 

Same night Billy Sharp told me he'd love to play for Derby, but Wardy (his mate) was taking the wagebill up. 

I saw Shackell out in Nottingham one night and asked him, he said it was 'Me and Clough never saw eye-to-eye.' and he went into training one day and got told he was off to Burnley... told me he didn't want to leave, especially not to go Burnley. 

Same night Billy Sharp told me he'd love to play for Derby, but Wardy (his mate) was taking the wagebill up. 

Haha I can only go on what I have heard and what I know but maybe we all should come on nights out with you and meet a few players and then we would know a lot more.  :)

Haha I can only go on what I have heard and what I know but maybe we all should come on nights out with you and meet a few players and then we would know a lot more.  :)

Lucky night out in Nottingham. It was when Billy Sharp was on-loan so a few years ago now.

Normally my nights end in memory blank and a 25£ taxi, so not that good of a night.  :lol:

Lucky night out in Nottingham. It was when Billy Sharp was on-loan so a few years ago now.

Normally my nights end in memory blank and a 25£ taxi, so not that good of a night.  :lol:

haha that doesnt beat my terminal 'night out' memory loss, a shocking hangover and a £50 taxi back. I did speak to Stuart Broad though on a night out once. Dont remember much of it   :lol:

haha that doesnt beat my terminal 'night out' memory loss, a shocking hangover and a £50 taxi back. I did speak to Stuart Broad though on a night out once. Dont remember much of it   :lol:

I've got a picture of me talking to Tom Huddlestone in the Old Revolution in Nottingham the night before Spurs and Arsenal, last season. I think I probably begged him to come back, I can't remember that either  :(

1. Would Barker be a good coach? What experience has he got that could improve on McClaren ("best defensive coach in England")?

2. Would Shackle want to come back, having just been promoted with Burnley, and if so would there be any "hangover" for the other players from his last spell here?

3. Does McClaren have a better CB lined up?

1. Would Barker be a good coach? What experience has he got that could improve on McClaren ("best defensive coach in England")?

2. Would Shackle want to come back, having just been promoted with Burnley, and if so would there be any "hangover" for the other players from his last spell here?

4. Would Bucko then be relegated to bench warmer again after last season when he was our best defender?

4. Would Bucko then be relegated to bench warmer again after last season when he was our best defender?

I doubt he would come back after the chance of premier league football, and I bet he's now more than happy to have left for burnley

but if he did come back then it'd be the only situation where I would accept keogh to move to RB

What he said.

I doubt he would come back after the chance of premier league football, and I bet he's now more than happy to have left for burnley

but if he did come back then it'd be the only situation where I would accept keogh to move to RB

Forsyth - Shackle - Buxton - Keogh?

That looks horrible in all honesty. Shackle is a similar player (Albeit better) to Whitbread, overtly left footed. The pairing of Whitbread and Buxton wasn't anything to write home about...

If we're going to bring in a new player, they would have to operate primarily on the RHS. Wisdom please!

Forsyth - Shackle - Buxton - Keogh?

That looks horrible in all honesty. Shackle is a similar player (Albeit better) to Whitbread, overtly left footed. The pairing of Whitbread and Buxton wasn't anything to write home about...

If we're going to bring in a new player, they would have to operate primarily on the RHS. Wisdom please!

I agree I, I wouldn't like keogh playing RB, but there was a thread suggesting it so we could bring in another first team CB, I will probably only accept the idea, even if i do, if it were shackell

I agree I, I wouldn't like keogh playing RB, but there was a thread suggesting it so we could bring in another first team CB, I will probably only accept the idea, even if i do, if it were shackell

Would rather bring in a RHS defender or a right back depending on the Keogh situation. No point in replacing or moving either one of our centre halves unless one of them leaves.

Maybe Farrend Rawson will get a push this year.

Archived