• Last Reply

Don't think we were that lucky with injuries

Coutts

Bryson

Ward

OB

Hughes

Dawkins

All had lay offs this season, just not too many at the same time. I'd say this was a normal season injury wise.

And the rest...

Russell

Hendrick

Keogh

Buxton (I think??)

Whitbread

Fairly short amount of time on the sidelines but they all picked up some heavy knocks that took them out for a few weeks.

And the rest...

Russell

Hendrick

Keogh

Buxton (I think??)

Whitbread

Fairly short amount of time on the sidelines but they all picked up some heavy knocks that took them out for a few weeks.

Didn't Russell break his leg and his cheekbone this season?

Can we stop going on about injuries, we're starting to sound like the those tossers up the road.

I'm glad a few people have mentioned Coutts, I think he can have a big part to play next season if he stays fit.  I reckon we need -

Right Back (preferably Wisdom, if not cheap foreigner)

Centre Half (either for cover or to replace Bucko or Keogh)

Defensive Midfielder (preferably Thorne, if not cheap foreigner)

Striker

Can we stop going on about injuries, we're starting to sound like the those tossers up the road.

I'm glad a few people have mentioned Coutts, I think he can have a big part to play next season if he stays fit.  I reckon we need -

Right Back (preferably Wisdom, if not cheap foreigner)

Centre Half (either for cover or to replace Bucko or Keogh)

Defensive Midfielder (preferably Thorne, if not cheap foreigner)

Striker

I also think we need a winger. Ward, for me, has under performed this season. A new, pacey winger would be ideal, especially if they could also take set pieces. 

I also think we need a winger. Ward, for me, has under performed this season. A new, pacey winger would be ideal, especially if they could also take set pieces.

I've never been the biggest fan of Ward's and, yes his set pieces p1ss me off but, for me, since the Bolton 0-0 when he got some stick he's been a lot, lot better...

People seem to be forgetting a certain Mason Bennett as well. I think he could really come through this season. With him and Coutts we've got 5 wingers. We certainly don't need anymore unless we sell a couple.

Agree too about Max Lowe coming through as left back cover.

If we dont keep giving the young players a chance we're not going to get another Hughes or Hendrick through.

I'd buy Thorne, a right back, a striker that can do Martins job if hes injured and maybe another midfielder for cover.

Anything other than that should only be if a very good player becomes available at a good price.

Were also bound to get a couple of loans again next season now we can actually attract good ones with Mac.

I've never been the biggest fan of Ward's and, yes his set pieces p1ss me off but, for me, since the Bolton 0-0 when he got some stick he's been a lot, lot better...

I don't see him as an impact player though in the same way Russell is. Ward doesn't create enough chances for me. He's a good squad player and on his day is fantastic ie. Watford away but far too often is absent in games, the fact he isn't particularly pacey doesn't help either.

I think a winger who can beat men and produce a mean cross would lead to us creating even more chances. After signing Thorne, a new winger would be my priority.

He played on the right hand side of midfield quite often, so not an out and out winger but near enough.

Coutts is a difficult one. He came to us as a CM but we stuck him out on the wing, which suited our formation at the time.

The centre of our midfield is now much more about ball retention and movement, so I don't know if he fits in there. Has he enough of the striker's instinct to play as a wide forward? I seem to recall him lacking a final ball when pushing forward.

Worth keeping on though to see if he could do a job.

Coutts is a difficult one. He came to us as a CM but we stuck him out on the wing, which suited our formation at the time.

The centre of our midfield is now much more about ball retention and movement, so I don't know if he fits in there. Has he enough of the striker's instinct to play as a wide forward? I seem to recall him lacking a final ball when pushing forward.

Worth keeping on though to see if he could do a job.

10 assists and 3 goals on 2012/13.

10 assists and 3 goals on 2012/13.

I stand corrected, memory isn't what it once was.

However, I think there's a subtle difference between playing wide as part of a 4 man midfield, and playing wide as part of a 3 man attack.

Just curious where he would fit in given our current style in both midfield and attack. I can't shake the feeling he's sort of caught between the two.

PistoldPete2

Doesn't look so much like a breeze to promotion without Thorne, Wisdom and Bamford in it.

Thorne has only played a handful of games this season when we got 85 points. Bamford likewise. Only Wisdom has played a lot of games. We will either get them back or other loanees of similar quality. Promotion is never going to be a breeze, we'll need to avoid injuries. But dont we deserve a bit of luck now?  

Archived