Our squad if/when the deadwood is shifted

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the players released were fringe or not part of squad so the 4 loan players need to be replaced Smc will use loan market from the big clubs . Thorne is a must but can't see it happening soon at least til WBA get a new manager.

Thorne has only played a handful of games this season when we got 85 points. Bamford likewise. Only Wisdom has played a lot of games. We will either get them back or other loanees of similar quality. Promotion is never going to be a breeze, we'll need to avoid injuries. But dont we deserve a bit of luck now?

Wisdom is important imo. Lots of people complain about his attacking contribution but I think the balance is spot on. The guy is rock, composed and one of the major reasons we play out from the back.

I thought Derby were very good with Eustace. With Thorne there though I think we're even more dominant. He's a beast too. He's upped us to a level above what we were at before imo. He's that good.

Bamford less so. I don't even like him but there's something about him isn't there? He's clearly a classy player. I don't like his casual approach and the sort of arrogant way he thinks he's there to score goals. Think he's a bit too arrogant. But he's a lad that always assumes he's going to score. I want us to have a piece of that.

I love the euphansim in the press release, "....had already been informed their futures lay elsewhere"

Don't think for one moment that we don't want you at the club, no, no, it's just that we think your future lies elsewhere.

PistoldPete2

I love the euphansim in the press release, "....had already been informed their futures lay elsewhere"

Don't think for one moment that we don't want you at the club, no, no, it's just that we think your future lies elsewhere.

If their contracts have expired and not being renewed I guess theyve alreday figured their future lies elsewhere. No euphemisms here.

I guess we will sign 6 or 7 players.

rb- F*ck knows, this Tavernier sounds alreet'

lb- Naylor having contract extended, so i guess he's back-up. If Fozzy has a serious injury we'll get a loan in.

cb- Maguire and Whitbread pls Steve

dcm- Anyone know any decent candidates for this? Hasn't really been much mention as to who we could sign?

am- fack off, we've got 4 already

wg- fack off, we've got 4 already

cf- loan or a free

I'd say 5 signings.

Literally just figured, goal scoring isn't a problem for us and you'd hope it wouldn't be for next year. I think the key for promotion next year will be tightening up our defence. Whatever we sign in midfield and attack we need an excellent right back and excellent centre back, and left back cover. Defensive signings should be paramount.

From the retained list we have a very strong group of players which are effective because we have a strong nucleus and team chemistry. Add two quality defenders and that new left back/maybe Max Lowe stepping in then I'm happy. Grant is an excellent goalkeeper, we score goals from midfield for fun and Martin can only get stronger as from his experiences.

Defense should be almost equal priority to signing that guy everyone's on about called Thorne......

Nothing wrong with the team last season!

Any other season our points total would have been enough.

RB again

Better CDM than Eustace

CB cover

Winger

and Striker.

Winger and striker don't really need to be that good if Martin Russell Ward & Dawkins don't get injured.

Ideally Sammon goes, he will want to play first team football and we can't guarantee that.

I think we only need 4 players (3 if we decide to keep Sammon) 

GK - Grant / Roos

RB - NEW / Freeman

CB - Keogh / O'Brien

CB - Buxton / NEW (A loan just in case Barker does come back)

LB - Forsyth / Lowe

CM - NEW / Eustace

CM - Bryson / Coutts

CM - Hughes / Hendrick

RW - Russell / Bennett

LW - Ward / Dawkins

ST - Martin / Sammon (NEW if Sammon sold)

I would like to see Freeman cover both fullback positions and Max Lowe there in case of a couple injuries in defence, and a CB on loan because I cant see how Barker is still here if he will never player again. 

I don't think we need another winger as some are saying, Bennett is good enough to be a backup in the team and Coutts can play RW if needed. 

I hope Sammon is sold and replaced with competition with Martin but not the end of the world if not.

Archived