How quickly will Steve do transfer business

paulderby316

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Jamie Ward's contract runs out, June the 1st I think.

I think we have a 1 year extension option on him so I assume they will take that option up.

I presume he will ring Liverpool West Brom and Chelsea to discuss how the loanees have played during their spells and what the future holds. 

Chris Evans and the scouting team will already have loads of players on their scouting network that I'm sure McClaren will be told about.

We need the right player(s) in, not necessarily WOW players in. I'm sure there was a plan if we went up & another one if we didn't. All depends on what happens in the close season. I think playing for SM & attractive looking football will tempt players into coming here. Everything's there in place. And of course it depends on finances.

Thorne is both a wow player and the right player...the only quick deal we should be looking to do should be for him. Saying that though you would expect us to have a list of targets and its going to be first come first serve for the best of the out of contract players so no point waiting...if we do there might only be scraps left!

Thorne is both a wow player and the right player...the only quick deal we should be looking to do should be for him. Saying that though you would expect us to have a list of targets and its going to be first come first serve for the best of the out of contract players so no point waiting...if we do there might only be scraps left!

I totally agree...Thorne for me was immense yesterday and He'd be my priority 

As I said on another thread. We need a big name "wow" factor signing within a week/10 days in my opinion.

If you wanted another moderator that quickly, you only had to ask.

I think the important thing is with the scouting and structure we now have, I think the whole off-season plan will have been in place no matter what happened yesterday. This should allow us to act in the best manner.

i definitely remember it being said that we had two plans and lists of players for both situations, so we should be able to move pretty quickly in the transfer market, and id like players to get in as soon as possible and gel, specially if were bringing in from abroad that have very little knowledge of england/speak english

To be fair, the wow factor quick signing would be Thorne.

But, I think we need a statement of intent signing double quick. It will send out messages to fans and players.

I'm not saying spend big dollar for the sake of it, obviously it has to be the right player. But it's the message that I'm talking about.

Archived