How quickly will Steve do transfer business

paulderby316

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I can take losing our best player to Celtic for absolutely nothing again

The whole Bryson to Celtic for £750k garbage was done to death over a year ago, and then in January. The fact that an attention whore thinks that he can troll the whole thing again means nothing.

While we need to strengthen the squad and all, I think the important thing is to evolve the tactics lest we get found out. How we've played this season so far will be a fantastic plan-B, but plan-A needs to be something fresh. More of a counter attacking style perhaps, rather than trying to control games that we get edged out in. There's a reason that people said we struggled against the top-6. When teams have quality talent to match,or even better, our own quality talent, we struggled to dominate. At the start of the season, our ability to see out games had come on leaps and bounds, which is something that has diminished. Perhaps that's something that we can add to our repertoire if we work hard at it in pre-season.

McClaren has said many times this season "We only know how to play one way, and that's to attack". Which is what I want to hear, as I want to see our fluid, pacey and sexy football style. But he's right, we only know how to play one way, and that's a concern.

Of course, Steve's transfer business will coincide with whatever he chooses to do about the tactics. But I think the squad right now is fantastic. Make a few additions, but make sure we're not just starting next season with the mentality of "Do what we did before" because we WILL get figured out. But when the back is to the wall, there is no problem in reverting to what has got us 85 points this year

Archived