How quickly will Steve do transfer business

paulderby316

I don't think my heart could cope if such things were said. I know I have read on here how the board believe they have spent too much money already, but we have not been in this position since Jim Smith days.

Surely a statement of intent and a wise couple of million and retaining what we have is all we need to win the bloody league next year. We are almost there, anymore wage reduction is like knocking down the foundation of a very fine and young (in the engine room) team.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as this squad is concerned. With getting Freeman back as cover, securing Thorne and perhaps Wisdom and Bamford on loan again along with us keeping the rest of our important squad members then we wouldn't need new additions. But we have already let about 5 players go and will probably sell/let go another 5 that are not important. With players coming up through the ranks such as Bennett, Lowe and Coutts coming back from injury (RM and CM option), do people seriously think we need to sign lot's of players?

If things go well all we would need extra is CB cover and a Martin type striker. Have we got the resources. Absolutely. 

Just wondering how quickly the rams will show their intent on next season

I would say McClaren deserves a holiday. Go and forget about football for a couple of weeks and then come back reinvigorated.

We don't need to start thinking about next season for some time yet and let's face it, very few if any clubs are open for business around this time.

The best way DCFC can show their intent is by hanging on to what we have.

Thorne will head back to WBA. If he doesn't have a future there then I'd suggest there are many clubs with a bigger stature that Derby that can offer him something more akin to what his talent deserves. Replace him and we're in with a shout again.

The biggest indication that our dealings will be few and far between came when Sam Rush stated that if we do go up, DCFC wouldn't need to change much on their playing staff. Having not secured promotion, I'm of the opinion that our pre-season transfer dealings will only likely stretch to a loan or two.

The biggest indication that our dealings will be few and far between came when Sam Rush stated that if we do go up, DCFC wouldn't need to change much on their playing staff. Having not secured promotion, I'm of the opinion that our pre-season transfer dealings will only likely stretch to a loan or two.

What is the point of having an international scouting system if you don't intend to sign anyone?

What is the point of having an international scouting system if you don't intend to sign anyone?

To identify bargains and sign them up when funds are available.

That does'nt mean we'll be actively seeking to sign anyone.

All clubs have scouting systems whether regional, national or international but that isn't to say they feel they have to sign players just because they're paying staff to identify targets.

''I would say McClaren deserves a holiday. Go and forget about football for a couple of weeks and then come back reinvigorated.

We don't need to start thinking about next season for some time yet and let's face it, very few if any clubs are open for business around this time.''

Aren't they? The rest of the championship finished 3 weeks ago. So I would expect transfer dealings to begin next week. 

IF true, Bryson needs to question his ambition if he wants to sign for that tinpot league regardless of who he supports etc

''I would say McClaren deserves a holiday. Go and forget about football for a couple of weeks and then come back reinvigorated.

We don't need to start thinking about next season for some time yet and let's face it, very few if any clubs are open for business around this time.''

Aren't they? The rest of the championship finished 3 weeks ago. So I would expect transfer dealings to begin next week.

We had plans in place and deals done based on staying in the Championship or Going up. If we had gone up then we would have activated an agreed £3.5m deal with Southampton for Jack Cork, going up would have allowed us to negotiate terms with him.

If you think transfers that are announced on 25 June happen from 22nd June onwards then you'll believe the Bryson £750k contract clause rumour.

TobyWanKenobi

Are we really believing rumours from Derby Mad?

Take a long hard look at yourself.

Christ on a bike. You'll be telling me that you believe the Mirror's 'Liverpool have Hughes first option' BS next.

Are we really believing rumours from Derby Mad?

Take a long hard look at yourself.

Christ on a bike. You'll be telling me that you believe the Mirror's 'Liverpool have Hughes first option' BS next.

Laughable isn't it, but I can understand why some fans are panicking. We don't exactly have the best track record of hanging on to our better players, however the club is in a much better place now and I don't think that will happen again. This Bryson Celtic rubbish is what makes me laugh the most. Have you forgotten they have no bloody manager!!? who's gonna sign him for a start!!? we don't even know what their new manager is. A lot of people are saying its a signed sealed, done deal :D, stop panicking folks! He'll be a ram next season I'll put money on it

I reckon that we'll hear about some departures/new contracts first - Ward, Naylor x 2, Legzdins, Freeman, Bailey, O'Brien and Eustace. Maybe even some others being transfer listed - Conor Sammon, Paul Coutts?

The only signing I can see getting tied up quickly would be Thorne - but, sadly (actually make that guttedly) I can't see him joining as we'll struggle to compete with the pull of the PL and he's easily good enough to play there.

Other deals may well be being lined up, but we won't be able to start progressing them until tomorrow and with agents trying to squeeze every last penny out of any deal, all negotiations are liable to take a couple of weeks to conclude.

Archived