Lewis Grabban

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the same as everyone else. I'm not willing to label him a 'one season wonder' because people could say that about Chris Martin, but we know/hope that's not true.

However, I just don't see how he represents good value for money. I also feel he is lacking somewhat technically. Although he scored 22 goals, which is impressive, he had more shots than any player in the Championship according to the numbers.

I've read Bournemouth fans claim: 'if Grabban could finish, he would be on 30' a number of times. Whether that is correct or not, I don't know.

Ultimately, I just think he is definitely no better than what we have. I doubt he would even suit our system, where would you play him?

Because of our formation we play one central striker in Martin.

Class wide men will be key signings I don't think we need a Grabbam.

Although look at Southampton they play Rodriguez out wide left and Lambert up top, Rodriguez is actually a central striker by trade. It could work.

Remember watching him at ours, thought he looked sharp with bags of pace to get in behind, but seems like the kind of striker that needs 6 or 7 chances until he scores

Theeeeeeeooo

I dont think Bamford can do the role that Martin does the way we play, we play our best football when we play into martin and have lots of movement off him, Bamford I like as a player but one of his real weakness's is his hold up play.

Archived