"clap4bloomfield"

belper.dcfc

Sing his name.

Don't clap him. He ain't dead. Clapping is like applauding a memory or contribution. Like 'well done'

He's not finished. If he's willing to fight and hope for a miracle then I'd rather sing his name in support rather than clapping like he's a memory.

He's not dead. Miracles happen and him, his family and many others are fighting on.

Clapping is so... final.

totally agree 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well anyone on here who knows me will know it was never, ever meant to be a hurtful comment, especislly when I lost my brother to the same bloody disease when he was 30.

All I meant was it reduces me almost to tears - no, in fact it has done - when I hear him talk about it on the radio. I always get choked with emotion.

So once again, I apologise if anyone thought I was being tactless or thoughtless. I'd never dream of it.

:-(

We know lass.

Talking about this with my dad earlier, we agreed with whats been said. Not a great idea. Clapping for him is almost like giving up on him. Sing "There's only one Colin Bloomfield" for the whole minute instead. He's still fighting and it's not over 'til it's over if you ask me.

Plus, how embarrassing would it be if we started applauding on 31 minutes and the QPR fans think the applause is starting early and start joining in. The whole of Wembley applauding and singing "There's only one..." and they sing "Ali Faurlin" while we sing "Colin Bloomfield". Horribly awkward.

Just to let you know Colin will be on RD this morning talking about this and his condition before 10.

I'll miss it cos I'm at work. Got bbc iplayer on me phone so will listen back tomorrow but uf anyone hears him, please feel free to post what he says.

Thanks lovelies :-)

I'm delighted to see that Colin will be at Wembley and hopefully he will share in our joy at the final whistle.  It is a excellent gesture by the club.

As for one by the fans - well I'm happy to join in with anything that people think is appropriate.  Acts such as these and the one for the Bradford fire are not done to revel in pity or to gain Kudos - they are done to show we are human.

Colin is an adopted memeber of the DCFC tribe and we're all rooting for him. 

So when do these things end?  Never.  I believe that the best groups and societies look after their own.  He's one of ours and whilst Derby County might not be the best club in the world - it's in the top one.

COYR.

Colin will be on Radio Derby after 8:15 this morning to talk about his situation

I'm listening to this at work and I'm nearly in tears. Hearing him talk about how he worries for his mum, who will have lost her husband and son in the space of a few months, is heartbreaking.

I'm listening to this at work and I'm nearly in tears. Hearing him talk about how he worries for his mum, who will have lost her husband and son in the space of a few months, is heartbreaking.

And now Ian Skye (presenting the show) is almost in tears as he reads out listeners messages. Jesus.

Sing his name.

Don't clap him. He ain't dead. Clapping is like applauding a memory or contribution. Like 'well done'

He's not finished. If he's willing to fight and hope for a miracle then I'd rather sing his name in support rather than clapping like he's a memory.

He's not dead. Miracles happen and him, his family and many others are fighting on.

Clapping is so... final.

wouldnt it be easier just to ask him which one he prefers? or maybe he has another idea. did anyone mention it to him in the interview?

all the best colin. prayin for you mate.

wouldnt it be easier just to ask him which one he prefers? or maybe he has another idea. did anyone mention it to him in the interview?

all the best colin. prayin for you mate.

Yes they did talk about it, he said he "could'nt believe it... lost for words...can't believe level of support".

Archived