Roadrider to Wembley

davenportram

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FSF have advised me of a special charter train for Rams fans to Wembley - not sure if this info has been posted up elsewhere but hope it's of help to some.

See www.awayfansbytrain.co.uk

The train travels from Derby to St Pancras, calling at Long Eaton and East Mids Parkway  - a two-hour journey with Tube travelcards to Wembley available to buy on the train (hoping the Tube situ is resolved!)

Reserved standard and 1st Class seats still available, I was advised, booking via their website.

HTH

C O Y R

When that was first posted up it looked like a scam site (it still does) the domain was registered on 14th May....someone on Twitter was spamming me and others loads and the awayfans account had like 9 followers so looked really dodgy......then Vicars tweeted it out :/

Just seems really odd to me

Well, the info came to me today via a senior FSF contact; hope it's 'kosher'...I think it's a new scheme aiming to grow - time will tell. 

Am not using the scheme myself BTW but if anyone does, maybe they'll post up their experience for feedback.

We're going on the roadrider to Wembley but I need to drive to the Ipro, when  I booked the tickets over the phone I was told I'd be able to park at the ground but that doesn't seem possible. Anyone know anywhere not too far away from the ground where I'll be able to park

The away fans train is organised through spitfire rail tours.

An established train spotters steam train/diesel rail tour company.

East Midlands trains have put an extra 2 trains on apparently. You can get a deal with a tube ticket thrown in if you look hard enough.

Strictly no alcohol is allowed on the awayfan tour.

So not a proper away fan special. (They aren't daft)

We're going on the roadrider to Wembley but I need to drive to the Ipro, when I booked the tickets over the phone I was told I'd be able to park at the ground but that doesn't seem possible. Anyone know anywhere not too far away from the ground where I'll be able to park

The west stand car park is not available, but there are other car parks.

Archived