Roadrider to Wembley

davenportram

Tubes was pretty swift leaving Wembley park. You should all definitley complain not on that. They had about 2 weeks to plan it.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You pays your money and makes your choice.

Three in the car, drove down to Watford Junction, £7 for the car park, £7.55 for a anytime day return, total cost for three about £60, arrived at JJ Moons about 10.30, In the stadium at 1.00pm.

................ Roadrider around £90 for three, by the sounds of it I made the right choice!

looks to be, but someone has to drive, this is ok if you know a vicar.

Judging by the mass of people outside the ground heading towards the tubes I really wouldn't have liked to he going that way with my little one. We ended up walking round past the Bobby Moore statue and down the stairs near the QPR end to stay out the crush.

If we went again wed over night it and stay in the ground a bit after the final whistle to avoid the stampede to the trains.

To build the national stadium in a complete sh*thole, which is built up with no easy access is stupid. When they built it, they had an opportunity to move it (not necessarily further north) but at least to further outside of London so they can sort the transport from scratch.

And boy. What a sh*thole it is. Certainly not one of the most affluent areas of London, I was surprised.

Judging by the mass of people outside the ground heading towards the tubes I really wouldn't have liked to he going that way with my little one. We ended up walking round past the Bobby Moore statue and down the stairs near the QPR end to stay out the crush.

If we went again wed over night it and stay in the ground a bit after the final whistle to avoid the stampede to the trains.

Tube was brilliant, swift and only standing room only once.

The 18:26 train was a bit busy though ;)

The crowding was made worse by the fans heading out having to get through the ones waiting to go down for the tube, cos the stations too close to the stadium? It was all a bit bizarre.

You pays your money and makes your choice.

Three in the car, drove down to Watford Junction, £7 for the car park, £7.55 for a anytime day return, total cost for three about £60, arrived at JJ Moons about 10.30, In the stadium at 1.00pm.

................ Roadrider around £90 for three, by the sounds of it I made the right choice!

looks to be, but someone has to drive, this is ok if you know a vicar.

.........bless you my son.

Don't know anything about roadrider. Went on train from Kettering. Was amazed to see about 20 other rams on the platform waiting for the same train. Duracell?? Then tube to Wembley Park and walk up Wembley way, or Olympic way as it seems to be now. Seemed to be very few Derby fans around at the time, until we got nearer the ramps up to the stadium. Getting back, obviously more congested. The base of the giant arch, causes a huge bottleneck! Lousy architect!

Archived