Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

At 78 mins, I turned to my mate after a Derby attack broke down and said "QPR will win this".  I'd have put £100 on it.  Like I said not long ago, this whole occasion had strange parallels with the 2007 final, but in reverse.

And what happened in the match perfectly sums up why I wanted Wigan over QPR in the final - QPR were always likely to do that to us.  If they were going to beat us, it was always, always going to be in that manner.  It was scripted.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O'Neill's tweet afterwards made me feel sick. Red card just isn't enough. It's a £130m hack.

I can't believe he's bragging about it on a social networking site. I expected even QPR players to have a bit more class than that.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhh

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Oh well, **** it, bring on August.

Anyroad, we weren't good enough to break them down. It's tough but that's football.

Wasn't it ******* amazing though? Eh? Wembley with 40000 Rams on it? Ace. Florist haven't been there yet have they?

Chin up boys and girls, we'll be back. Even if we lose a few it'll be for decent money and I'd back the Mac to spend it well.

Of all the 40000 Derby fans at Wembley, ******* Sky Sports choose to focus there cameras on me and my lad when we went 1-0 down.

There will be a stallions head in the post to Mr Murdoch

Well now we know how west brom felt.

It's crueller than that I'm afraid. Whilst they dominated us on the day, we finished well above them in the league - if we'd lost, despite playing poorly we'd have felt aggrieved. Today, we'd beaten them in the season and played better for the 90 minutes but it wasn't enough.

Still, I think one of the few positives we can take from today is the way the whole club conducted itself. We all did Derby proud.

Just got home great day ended very sad!

I've now been to watch derby twice at Wembley and I'm only 16 so very happy with that nothing better than seeing 40000 of black and white take over! Very proud of them today didn't bottle it, was just one of those 1 in a thousand games where it just won't drop to you! We can't get down about this we will bounce back we've learn a lot this season not to bounce back! COYR!

Only thing that worries me is wisdom and Thorne going back

A few thoughts.

Sick as a parrot.

Wembley is badly designed.

Almost getting arrested for having the brass neck to stop and wait for my mate on Wembley Way put me in a foul mood all afternoon, so thank you Met/BTP.

Harry Redknapp is a certified c*nt.

There is no justice in football.

£64 for a ticket is too much to pay.

My legs ache.

Free club flags are still tinpot.

QPR have totally gash support.

Wembley announcer's a nob.

Gutted for Keogh.

London's expensive.

Leicester fans are loathsome cretins.

I hate football.

Proud of our fans, players, coaches and most of all proud of our city. Shame it ended the way it has.

Report in The Independent:

"To add to the injustice many in the Championship already feel about their outsized wage-bill, QPR yesterday committed an act of larceny unlikely to be surpassed at Wembley. Having been so outplayed by Derby County in this play-off final that County’s goalkeeper, Lee Grant, had not made a single save, QPR stole victory with an 90th minute goal by Bobby Zamora that may just have rescued his club from meltdown."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/championship-playoff-final-derby-0-qpr-1-match-report--qpr-gamble-pays-off-with-bobby-zamoras-last-throw-of-dice-9431030.html

It was larceny, that's what it was, larceny!

Report in The Independent:

"To add to the injustice many in the Championship already feel about their outsized wage-bill, QPR yesterday committed an act of larceny unlikely to be surpassed at Wembley. Having been so outplayed by Derby County in this play-off final that County’s goalkeeper, Lee Grant, had not made a single save, QPR stole victory with an 90th minute goal by Bobby Zamora that may just have rescued his club from meltdown."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/championship-playoff-final-derby-0-qpr-1-match-report--qpr-gamble-pays-off-with-bobby-zamoras-last-throw-of-dice-9431030.html

It was larceny, that's what it was, larceny!

They scored. and won - Bobby Zamora, earned his thousands a week - in that, one, shot.......the bstrds. 

The concept of playoffs suck big time, we finished 13 points ahead of Brighton yet the only "advantage" we accrued from this was playing the first leg away from home, remembering when we were tonked by Blackburn at Ewood Park in the first leg of our playoffs many moons ago, some advantage :( 

Anyone hear Joey Barton's interview after the game. Very classy, wasn't expecting that from him. 

Easy to say when you've just won a game.

If QPR were the losers then they'd probably bemoan the red card decision and called us cheats for whatever reason.

The concept of playoffs suck big time, we finished 13 points ahead of Brighton yet the only "advantage" we accrued from this was playing the first leg away from home, remembering when we were tonked by Blackburn at Ewood Park in the first leg of our playoffs many moons ago, some advantage :(

There were two other places we could have taken but these went to the best two teams in the league. We earned a lot of money from the play-offs and let's hope this aids next season's efforts. The defeat yesterday was hard but we wouldn't have been moaning if we'd got the £120m.

Archived