Bradford Fire

davenportram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the North stand upper standing up for the Bradford applause. Everyone continued to stand as the mighty Rams were on the attack.

I felt a tapping on my shoulder - the bloke behind asked me to sit down.

The very same bloke who sat in a seat that has been unoccupied all season, telling me, who has sat in the same seat since the stadium opened, to sit down!

Tell you what - I could have knocked the **** out.

I hope you told him to feck off !! I had a bloke tell me to sit down at 4-0 when I was singing , he then left with 5 to go , I said ' move along , nothing to see here !! ' he glared at me , !! **** !!!

I can remember the day vividly, the shocking pictures on the news, the reports on the radio and in the papers.

I thought our tribute was very moving. It was a lovely gesture to remember their tragedy in the midst of our joy.

Bradford aren't in the Premier League so can't we just pretend it never happened and concentrate on next years tribute for the Hillsborough disaster?

The FA make me sick.

It was only the Bradford fans tho

If they d had been cheeky chappies with a great sense of humour and knowledgable about football wed already been on a countdown to next year memorial

Staggering how little coverage it has gotten today, I'm sure Bradford fans won't be too bothered. 

I guess it'd get a bit tasteless watching the horrific tragedy over and over again. Nevertheless, I'm absolutely proud of the few hundred that started the chant and delighted about the way it transposed across the ground. Straight after our goal. 

Good of Brighton to join in too. First-rate. 

Staggering how little coverage it has gotten today, I'm sure Bradford fans won't be too bothered. 

I guess it'd get a bit tasteless watching the horrific tragedy over and over again. Nevertheless, I'm absolutely proud of the few hundred that started the chant and delighted about the way it transposed across the ground. Straight after our goal. 

Good of Brighton to join in too. First-rate. 

A guy delivered something to my house this morning and as I was still dressed in my Derby County dressing gown (it was a late night) we had a chat about the match. He is a Bradford fan as many are around here, and he said how moved he was that we, and Brighton, remembered the anniversary and in such a way.  I think we, and the club by their encouragement, did well.

Needles is right that there is a political element to the Hilsborough tragedy that makes it a slightly different case but when push comes to shove 56 ordinary football fans lost their lives at a football match and they deserve to be remembered, as well as the 96 from Liverpool. 

Archived