Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe isn't ready defensively. Keep Freeman to cover both full backs.

How can we be sure without him being given a chance... Say start him in the league cup keep Forsyth fit... If he isn't up to it were trying to get lee naylor signed back up.

How can we be sure without him being given a chance... Say start him in the league cup keep Forsyth fit... If he isn't up to it were trying to get lee naylor signed back up.

If he was ready Mac would have commented on him publically, or he would of made the squad a few times. He's got great potential but I don't feel he's the answer just yet

Have you watched him play many times? I have and base my opinion on that. Don't get me wrong I've known him and his family since he was 7 or 8 and think we will be a very good player but if Max was our second choice lb and Forsyth got injured. McClaren would have a replacement in within a week.

At the risk of having this suggestion removed (disappeared last time after one constructive "LOL" comment). The best individual performance I witnessed for an opposition side at Pride Park/ IPRO last season was by Mark Duffy of Doncaster. However I don't know much about him so it may not of been typical of his weekly performances and was surprised when he was only a sub when we went to the Keepmoat. If the general consensus is that he his rubbish then fine, but I know a lot of people commented that he was the best player on the pitch by some distance when we played Donny at home.

At the risk of having this suggestion removed (disappeared last time after one constructive "LOL" comment)

Read the rules before you complain

One thread per player.

Player suggestion threads will be locked, this board is for transfer rumours only.

Rumours from football-rumours.co.uk will also be locked.

Does anyone have any info on Mark Duffy, thought he was exceptional at the IPRO for Doncaster (played right midfield/ winger). Great control, neat & tidy passing, good crosses!, tricky with an eye for goal. Was surprised when he was only a sub when we went to the Keepmoat. He might be a bit inconsistent but based on his performance at the IPRO I would be interested in having him in our squad to provide further wide quality cover. Wardy finished the season well but he is injury prone. Thoughts?

At the risk of having this suggestion removed (disappeared last time after one constructive "LOL" comment). The best individual performance I witnessed for an opposition side at Pride Park/ IPRO last season was by Mark Duffy of Doncaster. However I don't know much about him so it may not of been typical of his weekly performances and was surprised when he was only a sub when we went to the Keepmoat. If the general consensus is that he his rubbish then fine, but I know a lot of people commented that he was the best player on the pitch by some distance when we played Donny at home.

Wasn't removed, was merged into this suggestion thread, I did quote you to let you know

Duffy did have a splendid game at Pride Park, however his record suggests he's a nearly 29 year old lower league journeyman who may have had a purple patch.

Could be wrong, but doubt he'd be what we'd be shopping for...

Duffy did have a splendid game at Pride Park, however his record suggests he's a nearly 29 year old lower league journeyman who may have had a purple patch.

Could be wrong, but doubt he'd be what we'd be shopping for...

Ben Davies anyone?

Archived