What would you do?

Uptherams

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got slated couple times criticizing Brayford, but I'll never learn... So here I go again!

Wouldn't take him. Overrated, hides without ball and has problems positioning wise and ain't quick enough for such a small player. Great going forward, yes. But as we've seen (in hindsight) he did make our defence unbalanced.

Better option? Cardiff first choice RB (Theophile or summat) has looked solid everytime I've watched their game.

Firstly I'd try and sign Wisdom and Thorne, as they were part of the promoted squad, and if they would want to join, get them. I'd make a loan enquiry for Bamford but wouldn't be too arsed if we didn't get him.

As for other additions, I'm sure we'd sign some forgein players who have worked under McClaren.

I'd sign Mutch from Cardiff, Redmond from Cardiff, try for Caulker (although I feel interest would be high). Tiendelli from Swansea (worked with McClaren at Twente) and Luke Djong (same) could be targets. I'd try for Deeney from Watford, as I feel he could play in te Martin role, although apparently they want 8m

I'm a bit old-fashioned, and I wouldn't like the idea of bringing in a striker who prefers striking a student in the head with his boot.

Firstly I'd try and sign Wisdom and Thorne, as they were part of the promoted squad, and if they would want to join, get them. I'd make a loan enquiry for Bamford but wouldn't be too arsed if we didn't get him.

As for other additions, I'm sure we'd sign some forgein players who have worked under McClaren.

I'd sign Mutch from Cardiff, Redmond from Cardiff, try for Caulker (although I feel interest would be high). Tiendelli from Swansea (worked with McClaren at Twente) and Luke Djong (same) could be targets. I'd try for Deeney from Watford, as I feel he could play in te Martin role, although apparently they want 8m

Was impressed with denney after the home match went and talked to their fans. Not sure hed set the ipro alight in the prem though. Think wed need 20 million plus to stay up.

Because he's one of the best right backs around at championship level, he's likely to be available (and for less than what we sold him for), he's well liked within the squad and he suits the way we play, is that enough reasons yet?

Defensively not good enough - never was, as he showed in one of the recent Sheffield Utd games! First and foremost a quality fullback must have the ability to defend well - overlapping is a bonus

CB- Andreas Bjelland- FC Twente- around £3 million, Danish international, very accomplished centre back in the Dutch league.

RB- Wisdom

CDM- Jack Cork - Southampton

LW- Álvaro Vadillo- Real Betis- with Betis getting relegated, we could have a bargain on our hands at around 3-4 million

ST- Luc Castaignos- FC Twente, 21 years old, around £5-7 million, proven goalscorer, very talented.

Sam Rush has previously mentioned at a talk I went to he admires Southampton as a model for a promoted Derby Cpunty to follow, I believe these would be very astute signings for McClaren. All you with proven quality.

Hopefully the owners have learnt from the Davies-Jewell era and will restrict the amount we spend. We'll do far better by concentrating on coaching our attacking philosophy, encouraging the younger players and maybe only spending big (fee and/or wages) on true quality, like we did with Paul McGrath.

This group of players deserve to see how far they can go.

Last time we were promoted with McClaren, we only really bought in Jacob Laursen, Aljosa Asanovic and Paul McGrath.

So for me, I'd be looking to do similar again. Just find 3 really classy additions to the team, as we need to maintain the dressing room spirit. That would be on top of bringing in Wisdom and Thorne if they are affordable.

Then bring a RB/CB, CF and a flying winger. Bring in some free transfers, with clauses on their salaries should we get relegated.

So far Steve Mac has shown loyalty to players who are performing, ie making Thorne wait two months for his chance rather dumping Eustace straight away, feel this has fostered the great team spirit we can all see.

Maybe I'm naive, but surely the players who have done so much to earn promotion derserve the chance to see if they can cope, good as Suarez, Aguero, etc are they are the exception not the rule.

Honestly feel we could stay up with the squad we've got now, just add 3 or 4 quality players, a couple of experienced hands who the squad would respect, and a couple of youngsters to keep our established players honest.

So far Steve Mac has shown loyalty to players who are performing, ie making Thorne wait two months for his chance rather dumping Eustace straight away, feel this has fostered the great team spirit we can all see.

Maybe I'm naive, but surely the players who have done so much to earn promotion derserve the chance to see if they can cope, good as Suarez, Aguero, etc are they are the exception not the rule.

Honestly feel we could stay up with the squad we've got now, just add 3 or 4 quality players, a couple of experienced hands who the squad would respect, and a couple of youngsters to keep our established players honest.

Agreed.

We don't even need to be better than Aguero and Suarez. Just Fabien Delph and Kevin Nolan will do. At first anyway. Slow and steady.

Agreed.

We don't even need to be better than Aguero and Suarez. Just Fabien Delph and Kevin Nolan will do. At first anyway. Slow and steady.

Could Thorne and Hendrick give Stephen Ireland and Charlie Adam a good game? I believe so. Thats what we've got to aim at, 

Alpha makes a brilliant point about where we have to compete in that first season if we go up.

We don't need to outplay the top 5 or 6, but we will need to pick points up from the rest.

Agreed.

Tbf quite rate fabian delph, he's the type I'd like to see us go for, reckon that's the sort of player our coaching staff would improve.

Sign Rob Earnshaw and Kenny Miller for £6m and tempt Robbie Savage out of retirement

Kenny Miller has just become a free agent following Vancouver Whitecaps releasing him from his contract. Strongly muted to be going to Sevco but they have next to no money so I'm sure a cheeky wee bid from Derby would entice him back. Could still do a job.........

Kenny Miller has just become a free agent following Vancouver Whitecaps releasing him from his contract. Strongly muted to be going to Sevco but they have next to no money so I'm sure a cheeky wee bid from Derby would entice him back. Could still do a job.........

:lol:  thanks for the laugh.

Archived