Lloyd Dyer - Set to leave Lesta...

IlsonDerby

Lloyd Dyer: Winger set for Leicester City departure

Lloyd Dyer is set to leave Leicester City after contract talks with the Premier League-bound club broke down, reports BBC Radio Leicester.

Winger Dyer's current deal runs out this summer, although he has been offered a one-year extension.

The 31-year-old has made 266 appearances and scored 39 goals since joining City from MK Dons in 2008.

The final-year Foxes

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson and eight of his players are in the final year of their contracts.

They are: Kasper Schmeichel (pictured), Sean St Ledger, Marcin Wasilewski, Zak Whitbread, Neil Danns, Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Lloyd Dyer, David Nugent.

Dyer scored the winning goal at Bolton last month to seal the Championship title for the Foxes.

His final game for the club could be Saturday's match against Doncaster Rovers when Leicester will lift the Championship trophy at the King Power Stadium.

The former West Bromwich Albion trainee, who had loan spells at Kidderminster, Coventry City, Queens Park Rangers and Millwall before joining MK Dons in 2006, has scored 10 goals in 45 appearances for City this term.

Dyer is one of eight players, including leading goalscorer David Nugent and goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, who have helped Leicester return to the top-flight after a 10-year absence while in the final year of their contracts.

Manager Nigel Pearson's current deal also runs out in the summer, but Leicester City vice-chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha has said he hopes the 50-year-old will remain at the club.

Veteran striker Kevin Phillips, who was also out of contract as a player at the end of the campaign, announced his retirement this week and will take up a coaching role with City next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27259853

Tore us a new one every time we've played them for as long as I can remember...worth trying to sign just so he can't okay against us for someone else!?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except Tyson never won a title, can't remember which side he plays, if he's right he could be good, add a bit of experience, depends what league were in, if we're in the chpopnship next season he could be a good signing if we went for him

He's got 3 years of experience challenging at the right end of this division, if we were to not go up I'd rather have him than Bamford if it's a budget issue... Bamford has quality but isn't efficient on the side where Dyer would frighten fullbacks

What's the reason for turning down the contract, wages not enough or doesn't fancy a season in the Prem?

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a show me the Premiership money or shove your contract situation

What's the reason for turning down the contract, wages not enough or doesn't fancy a season in the Prem?

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a show me the Premiership money or shove your contract situation

I think ya rate.

Stinks of the sturridge situation when we went up.

Would possibly say go for him if we're in the championship next year and his wage demands are ok. He would provide something different to our other wingers, lightening pace, but he isn't much of a goal scorer I don't think.
I wonder if the issue is wages, contract length or something else?

On another note, would you take Whitbread on a free? Same as above for me, could be useful if his wage demands are ok and he doesn't mind not being a guaranteed starter.

Finally, I really hope Schmeichel leaves them on a free, that'd be amusing.

Would possibly say go for him if we're in the championship next year and his wage demands are ok. He would provide something different to our other wingers, lightening pace, but he isn't much of a goal scorer I don't think.

I wonder if the issue is wages, contract length or something else?

On another note, would you take Whitbread on a free? Same as above for me, could be useful if his wage demands are ok and he doesn't mind not being a guaranteed starter.

Finally, I really hope Schmeichel leaves them on a free, that'd be amusing.

"http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/22/article-2586745-1C7D6A6200000578-997_634x433" alt="article-2586745-1C7D6A6200000578-997_634">

Don't get this story, can't imagine why he wouldn't sign an extension? I guess he's getting to the back end of his career and a 1 year contract isn't much security but I wouldn't have thought there'd be many Championship clubs willing to offer him a longer deal on similar money. No chance another prem club will want him imo.

As said at 31 and can't agree a deal, looks like he is holding out for a fat pay day as he is probably only got a season left in him before he starts warming the injury room bench.

The rumour is that Lloyd wants a two-year extension, but the club has only offered a one-year extension: not sure of what money he has been offered, of course, but to be honest I would be surprised if he were offered much more than he has got in the Championship.

Having said all that, he would be a good addition to your squad if you stay down - big 'if' in my opinion - because his pace when he is fit is electrifying. He was injured around the turn of the year and he slowed down noticeably in January/February, and lost his place in the team for a while. But when he came back, he was back almost to his best, and the goal he scored against Bolton that confirmed City as Champions was fantastic - with his right foot at that.

If Lloyd leaves, it will be with grateful memories from every City fan: great player who still has a couple more years at Championship level.

Archived