Best "could have been" Rams player

TomBustler1884

We've had the best, worst and most average player topics, I was thinking about players who never got the chance to prove themselves here for whatever reason.

Mauricio Solis, Robert Earnshaw, Benny Feilhaber, those sort of players who never got to show what they could do.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Conor Sammon ever really had a chance to impress? The poor fellah just comes off the bench for a handful of minutes every few games. Imagine what he could do with a decent run in the side... :ph34r:

all last season?

edit> until February 

Some great names on here from the past.

Of recent times, I think the biggest missed opportunity was Miles Addison who could have become a dominant midfielder for us in the Yaya Toure mould, but when Clough occasionally played him it was in defence. Because he was such a good fottballer he was able to perform as an OK centrehalf, but it was always out of position. A bit like Jossy who was an incredibly cultured England U21 midfielder (I think he scored 16 goals from midfield the final season we played him there), and then he got converted into a clogging centrehalf.

In *that* season, I remember watching the 6-1 humilation away at Chelsea (4 for Lampard?). The only player we had on the field who was able to match them, who they were concerned about, was Ghaly, so Jewell substituted him! He hardly ever seemed to play.

Has Conor Sammon ever really had a chance to impress? The poor fellah just comes off the bench for a handful of minutes every few games. Imagine what he could do with a decent run in the side... :ph34r:

His running IS decent. It's his control, shooting &  passing that is cr@p

Would have liked to have got another season out of Grzegorz Rasiak. If memory serves me right I think Phil Browns Rams team were in the top of 5 early in the season he was manager. The teams turn of form (for the worse) started with the sale of Rasiak.

Archived