Good luck Rams, from Burnley

Claretforever

I must admit that prior to December 1991 I had never given Derby County a second thought. We were then drawn together in the FA Cup 3rd round, and I knew you were recently a 1st Division side and this was a big game for us. Burnley were on their way to the Fourth Division Title, and 18,300 crammed into Turf Moor for a brilliant cup tie.

A similar amount made the initial fogged off game(I couldn't go as it was a school night), and then again for the second attempt played on 4th round day which I did attend and the Sun's report by John Sadler is within the link. That atmosphere will stay with me forever, and I loved your Baseball Ground. We later sign Ted McMinn who tore use apart in the first game at Turf Moor, and he was a crowd favourite for us. I've like Derby ever since then, and I've never had reason to change that thought.

Anyway, as per the title of the thread, good luck in the play offs and hopefully we'll see you in the Premier League next season.

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/ed23/derby_county_v_burnley__fa_cup_3rd_round_replay_saturday_25th_january_1992_22020/index.shtml

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If / when we go up from the playoffs B4, I'd willingly take every bit of luck there is, we'll need it.

So I say good luck to Burnley. Happy travels.

Bloody Brentford coming up though, the barstewards.

Maybe the blue noses Barnsley or Blackpool going down though, swings and roundabouts!

The fogged off game was great....I think that Mark Patterson scored a wonder strike that night that was of course ruled out as it got abandoned.

I reckon you will do ok next season, the Premiershite isn't half as good as Sky are telling the world it is. So may very average teams knocking about there.

If you have a decent system, which you seem to have, and don't panic when you lose 4 or 5 on the bounce and sack Dyche then you can compete I am sure.

As for us.....well we are going to walk the play offs and then steam straight to the Champions League....

Archived