Penalty shootout in the play offs

-JW-

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chips or showboating will be dropped and sent out to suffer with negative Nigel at Sheffield United

I can see Bamford trying something flashy and coming a cropper. For the life of me, I cannot picture him driving the ball low and hard into the corner - I can only see a cheeky chip down the middle which the keeper reads and doesn't even have to move for.

With the exception of Le Tissier, every one misses penalties.

Lampard and Gerrard have won their teams titles with spot kicks, and they have fluffed their lines with England.

It happens. I wouldn't read too much into it. We'll be fine.

Surely the oppo would have watched videos on 'typical' peno takers?

So maybe better to give to the unknown;

Forsyth

Keogh

Ward

Dawkins

Hughes

Actually.... has Ward ever scored a pen for us? think I remember more misses... bit like Russell.

Surely the oppo would have watched videos on 'typical' peno takers?

So maybe better to give to the unknown;

Forsyth

Keogh

Ward

Dawkins

Hughes

Actually.... has Ward ever scored a pen for us? think I remember more misses... bit like Russell.

I can only see Keogh hitting the top of the stand with a PK

Oh come on now lads. Go and have a pee and calm down a bit fer heavens sake.

We're not going to go to penalties. It's going to be convincing, on the pitch, victories. Comfortable two goal cushions for us all round.

Now can somebody tell me where the toilets are please, I'm desperate..

Oh come on now lads. Go and have a pee and calm down a bit fer heavens sake.

We're not going to go to penalties. It's going to be convincing, on the pitch, victories. Comfortable two goal cushions for us all round.

Now can somebody tell me where the toilets are please, I'm desperate..

If it comes to a peni shootout were more likely to hit the target if the lads peed at the goal, except for sammo, who would sky it over the crossbar

What are our official penalty stats this season. I've a horrible feeling we might have actually missed more than we've scored...

Missed 5, scored 7 from the top of my head and a quick look down the fixture list. We also missed 4 in a row during the back end of last season.

As memory serves Bryson and Russell are both 1/1? Maybe 2 missed for Russell? Can remember him missing another one before Barnsley.. And Martin is 4/3 which is pretty poor really. 

Would have to go with people who would have a cool head and in the situation would trust them to deal with the pressure. 

Martin

Bryson

Keogh

Thorne

Hughes

Hendrick

Dawkins

Ward

Bamford

Martin, Bryson, Russell, Hughes and Buxton.

It's a mentality thing, anyone can hit the target from 12-yards. Some would even argue that the best method would be putting Thorne, Wisdom, Bamford, Hughes and Bryson on the case, they have the least to lose by not getting promotion, hence the pressure is off. 

Archived