Looks like Brighton

gfs1ram

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fear playing Wigan, going away and them grinding out a 1-0. Then we come back home, they put 11 men behind the ball and grind out a 0-0 or worse penalties.

We could still get Blackburn, best case is probably Brighton/Reading and then QPR in the final

1st thought on seeing table after game was oh no not wigan, but thinking about it we are by far the best team in the playoffs

We really shouldn't fear anyone, if we carry our form into playoffs no-one will live with us, we have so many good players in great form.

Sit on us and we'll run through you, sit off us and we'll pass round you, hit long balls we'll mop em up all day long (couldn't say that 6 months ago).

QPR and Wigan failed prem squads, weren't good enough 12 months ago, aren't good enough now.

Our players are better, hungrier and most importantly better managed than all the other contenders, and if some disaster befalls us and we don't go up, I'd still be proud of them, and thankful for a great season

Most of all I'd thank them for making me passionate about the rams again, it's gone from being a duty to falling back in love all over again.

1st thought on seeing table after game was oh no not wigan, but thinking about it we are by far the best team in the playoffs

We really shouldn't fear anyone, if we carry our form into playoffs no-one will live with us, we have so many good players in great form.

Sit on us and we'll run through you, sit off us and we'll pass round you, hit long balls we'll mop em up all day long (couldn't say that 6 months ago).

QPR and Wigan failed prem squads, weren't good enough 12 months ago, aren't good enough now.

Our players are better, hungrier and most importantly better managed than all the other contenders, and if some disaster befalls us and we don't go up, I'd still be proud of them, and thankful for a great season

Most of all I'd thank them for making me passionate about the rams again, it's gone from being a duty to falling back in love all over again.

Great post!

You've elloquently encapsulated my (and I suspect others') feelings on this season and how things are panning out. 

I think we struggle under 3 conditions.

Firstly, high pressing. We struggle to get the passing game going when teams press on when Grant has the ball.

Secondly, physical teams who utilise set pieces. For this, read Ipswich and Wigan at our place.

Thirdly, teams that drop off the front and play inbetween our defence and midfield. We struggle picking that player up and can end up in a situation where they get a free run at the back line.

This isn't to say we can't win in any of these situations, but these tactics are the ones we've struggled most against this season.

Archived