Shame on you Sam Rush!

Hinzy9

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely! He is simply the best in his position in the league, in my opinion.

As good as Danny Drinkwater is, I think Thorne over the season has more. I said today, if there is any possibility of him signing then we should go all out.

I genuinely think we would have been second with him introduced earlier. At least he's in the team now anyway, much needed quality going into the play-offs.

It's frightening that he can't get into WBA's team and they're in a position were looking to be in next year.

Same with most clubs.

Listing the clubs within an hour of you is ridiculous though. Otherwise we can use Burton, Notts County, Notts Forest, Mansfield, Leicester, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Birmingham, Aston Villa, West Brom etc to justify our poor crowds!

How dare you miss Chesterfield, Coventry, Walsall, Wolves, Stoke, Port Vale

And most importantly Mickleover Sports out. Forest don't count because they are a comedy train set crash, not a football club.

You can probably point to points we've dropped under McLaren.

Dropped two points against Birmingham

Dropped three points against Millwall

Dropped three points against Ipswich

There you go. 8 points. We'd be second if it wasn't for those games.

Obviously that is an absolutely ridiculous argument, as is the original post.

Looks like catchment area doesn't matter when it comes to attendances then... the less people in your town/city the smaller the attendances most of the time, it's not rocket science really.

Quality not quantity, it doesn't matter how many people there are in your town, it's the amount that turn up, considering you've been in the autos most the season and been struggling for 20k at best, us, would usually turn out over 20k when we were mid table and below

Quality not quantity, it doesn't matter how many people there are in your town, it's the amount that turn up, considering you've been in the autos most the season and been struggling for 20k at best, us, would usually turn out over 20k when we were mid table and below

Of course it matters how many people there are in your town in regards to how many you get on.

Nearly all football fans who attend home games are locals, so it helps if you have more locals.

You're forgetting Derby is 4x the size of Burnley, you're obviously going to get higher gates.

I thought forest were bad for talking attendances.

Derby is a city - of cause its bigger than a little town in the hills. Do you get many going away? Just wondering it must be hard to get the locals to venture outside their town - it's a big bad world outside Burnley.

Maybe that's why the population is so low - Burnleys a **** hole - they don't want to go home.

Of course it matters how many people there are in your town in regards to how many you get on.

Nearly all football fans who attend home games are locals, so it helps if you have more locals.

You're forgetting Derby is 4x the size of Burnley, you're obviously going to get higher gates.

Whilst I would concede we are a much bigger place, you've only averaged about 4/500 more this season in one of your best seasons for years. How much do they charge at Burnley for a home game? Not having a dig, just asking. :)

Derby have dropped points but I also feel taht we've gained quite a few too...

Our victories against Brighton, Sheff Wed, Watford and Bournemouth were fortunate IMO.

All evens itself out unless you're a top 6 PL club.

I wouldn't class those victories as fortunate. But then I wouldn't class Birmingham or Ipswich as unfortunate.

Fortunate is a last minute penalty that never was, or a goal given that never crossed the line.

We won fair and square, and were beaten fair and square.

The only things we can feel cheated by was the Martin red at Burnley, and the Wigan defeat at home. How you can Cave someone's face in to require surgery, and not even receive a yellow...

I wouldn't class those victories as fortunate. But then I wouldn't class Birmingham or Ipswich as unfortunate.

Fortunate is a last minute penalty that never was, or a goal given that never crossed the line.

We won fair and square, and were beaten fair and square.

The only things we can feel cheated by was the Martin red at Burnley, and the Wigan defeat at home. How you can Cave someone's face in to require surgery, and not even receive a yellow...

I would add Millwall as well.

PistoldPete2

Derby have dropped points but I also feel taht we've gained quite a few too...

Our victories against Brighton, Sheff Wed, Watford and Bournemouth were fortunate IMO.

All evens itself out unless you're a top 6 PL club.

Dont think we were lucky against Brighton. Was very tight game , we won 1-0. Bit like Wigan when we lost 1-0. Win some lose some. 

But I think we threw away the points against Brum and Ipswich and that may yet cost us automatic. Millwall at home was also a performance that was hard to take. Its not luck really just sloppy. 

'Heard' from where?

If he did say it, that would just display a very dry sense of humour in my mind, although the Clough haters equally would interpret it as churlish, I suppose. A statement means nothing without context.

If he did say it, that would just display a very dry sense of humour in my mind, although the Clough haters equally would interpret it as churlish, I suppose. A statement means nothing without context.

I believe it was fabricated by a attention seeker on twitter. Who often puts "statements" out from the current manager, and other previous managers.

I believe it was fabricated by a attention seeker on twitter. Who often puts "statements" out from the current manager, and other previous managers.

I will agree with that. I unfollowed a while back. Was taken aback when I first heard the statement.

Archived