Shame on you Sam Rush!

Hinzy9

Looks like catchment area doesn't matter when it comes to attendances then... the less people in your town/city the smaller the attendances most of the time, it's not rocket science really.

So you have to live in the area to support a club then?. I have supported Derby all my life and i have never lived there. Leicester born and bred me.

So banging on about how many people live in Burnley doesn't wash i'm afraid.

How many man utd fans actually live in Manchester???

I know tons of man utd season ticket holders who come from down south yoof.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh the attendance thing again zzzzz

Burnley is a town with 70k people in it. We do very well to average 14K on home games.

Especially when you consider clubs like Preston. Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, WIgan, Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Oldham are all within an hours drive from us.

Derby has 250k people in it and you average 25k at home. Not very impressive when you think of it that way, eh?

TBF Burnley, the following is a clearer sign of population, as it includes the built up (urban) area around a town or city - not just the original town/city boundaries.

Derby is actually 270k, Burnley 150k. I would say our core support per population is pretty good for both teams personally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_in_the_United_Kingdom

TBF Burnley, the following is a clearer sign of population, as it includes the built up (urban) area around a town or city - not just the original town/city boundaries.

Derby is actually 270k, Burnley 150k. I would say our core support per population is pretty good for both teams personally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_in_the_United_Kingdom

So around 10% of population each. Pretty even then.

I thought forest were bad for talking attendances.

Derby is a city - of cause its bigger than a little town in the hills. Do you get many going away? Just wondering it must be hard to get the locals to venture outside their town - it's a big bad world outside Burnley.

Maybe that's why the population is so low - Burnleys a **** hole - they don't want to go home.

We have the best away following in the league, takes the highest % of home following to each away game.

we took 4.500 to Barnsley last Tuesday.

ur.com/3Eu6PHX

our home support is excellent when you consider our town has 70,000 people in it... to be getting 15,000 is incredible.
Your city holds 250,000 and you get 22,000, not very good eh?

Add in the fact we have taken more fans away than you this season and our average is higher, hahahahahhahhaa

Okay it was 2,500 more that Brighton got and not 3,000.

I haven't said what you should/shouldn't be getting? What I said is that when you consider the attendances and population of town/city yours isn't all that great whereas ours is impressive. No shock that we take more away than you do either, poorly supported club compared to other City teams.

I haven't said what you should/shouldn't be getting? What I said is that when you consider the attendances and population of town/city yours isn't all that great whereas ours is impressive. No shock that we take more away than you do either, poorly supported club compared to other City teams.

hahahahhahahahahhahahHahahahhahahahahahahhaha

Bloody el is this the Burnley version of a gump? Chip on both shoulders.

I think we should go and talk some sense into him Mafiabob. If he doesn't stop pissing us all off, we'll send him to the bottom of the ocean... I'll bring my croquet mallet  ;)

you're second and your lowest attendance is 9,000  :console:  

***** home support... take up away support argument.

You sir, have the logic of Forest fan.

Let me guess, if you hadn't have had a couple of injuries you would be Champions?

Let me guess had you had Mclaren 2 weeks earlier you would of been top?

If you would of beaten Bolton, Birmingham you would of got autos bla bla bla blaaaaa

Archived