Shame on you Sam Rush!

Hinzy9

As an aside, did you know that Mac has now won 19 games in the league this season? More than Clough ever managed in the previous seasons he managed........ My tin helmet is on for incoming missiles.......

No missile from this Clough fan...As one who agrees entirely with TigerTed's point above, no one can seriously argue, whatever they think of Clough's term, that Maclaren's a class above him.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No missile from this Clough fan...As one who agrees entirely with TigerTed's point above, no one can seriously argue, whatever they think of Clough's term, that McClaren's a class above him.

Erm...word "not" omitted...how'd they divert those missiles in mid air like that?

No missile from this Clough fan...As one who agrees entirely with TigerTed's point above, no one can seriously argue, whatever they think of Clough's term, that McClaren's a class above him.

Agreed. :)

PistoldPete2

If you'd have sacked clough a fortnight earlier we would have got automatic promotion!

Well Clough had nine games: against Burnley, Fester , Reading , Millwall, Yeovil, Forest, Brighton, Blackburn, and Bolton

Mac's record in the return games against those teams is exactly the same, except he got an extra  point against Reading. Only other difference is Clough s team beat Millwall 5-1 but lost 1-0 to Forest, whereas Macs team beat Forest 5-0 and lost 1-0 to Millwall.

I am just happy that Clough is at Wembley today , and obviously hope that Derby can get there too or even at the very outside get automatic.

If Clough was still in charge we would be tenth.

We'd be part of 17k home gates as the season would have practically ended by January.

But we'd all be buying into the 'big push next year' crap we were fed for five years.

Bugger the tin hat. Facts are facts.

If Clough was still in charge we would be tenth.

We'd be part of 17k home gates as the season would have practically ended by January.

But we'd all be buying into the 'big push next year' crap we were fed for five years.

Bugger the tin hat. Facts are facts.

Even when they're opinions :)

Well Clough had nine games: against Burnley, Fester , Reading , Millwall, Yeovil, Forest, Brighton, Blackburn, and Bolton

Mac's record in the return games against those teams is exactly the same, except he got an extra  point against Reading. Only other difference is Clough s team beat Millwall 5-1 but lost 1-0 to Forest, whereas Macs team beat Forest 5-0 and lost 1-0 to Millwall.

I am just happy that Clough is at Wembley today , and obviously hope that Derby can get there too or even at the very outside get automatic.

I say again. The sad thing for Clough was the games he lost were against our rivals and we were soundly beaten. Who can say if he would have improved that as the season went on?

With the exception of the Leicester game. I cannot think of a match where Derby under McClaren have been soundly beaten, though as I don't see many games I am going on scorelines and stats!

I don't see why we have to have such a discussion when the outcome has been great for all parties. Personally I think Clough became jaded at Derby, he seems to have regained something at Utd.

I say again. The sad thing for Clough was the games he lost were against our rivals and we were soundly beaten. Who can say if he would have improved that as the season went on?

With the exception of the Leicester game. I cannot think of a match where Derby under McClaren have been soundly beaten, though as I don't see many games I am going on scorelines and stats!

I don't see why we have to have such a discussion when the outcome has been great for all parties. Personally I think Clough became jaded at Derby, he seems to have regained something at Utd.

I think in 5 years the highest finish being tenth, and sitting 14th when he was sacked, would suggest nothing like the season we have had would ever have materialised under Clough.

Good luck to the fella. Seems to be doing well at United and fair play for that. But I think he has found his level. He will no doubt take them to a mid table championship side.

That wasn't good enough for Derby fans and owners. And I for one am glad it wasn't enough.

Why's that??? You're second because you have picked up points more consistently over the season where our form was poor at the start of the season and we've thrown away some vital points during Feb. Hardly cloud cuckoo grade stuff thinking if we'd picked up a few more points we'd still be in with a shout of catching you, just common sense...

Judging by the highlights on FLS last night your so called promotion party couldn't even fill your piddling little ground. Terrible...

Oh the attendance thing again zzzzz

Burnley is a town with 70k people in it. We do very well to average 14K on home games.

Especially when you consider clubs like Preston. Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, WIgan, Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Oldham are all within an hours drive from us.

Derby has 250k people in it and you average 25k at home. Not very impressive when you think of it that way, eh?

Oh the attendance thing again zzzzz

Burnley is a town with 70k people in it. We do very well to average 14K on home games.

Especially when you consider clubs like Preston. Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, WIgan, Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Oldham are all within an hours drive from us.

Derby has 250k people in it and you average 25k at home. Not very impressive when you think of it that way, eh?

and I would agree with you usually as it bores me to tears...... But don't agree with your reasoning being close to other cities/towns. Full houses pretty much every game in the Prem?

Oh the attendance thing again zzzzz Burnley is a town with 70k people in it. We do very well to average 14K on home games. Especially when you consider clubs like Preston. Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, WIgan, Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Oldham are all within an hours drive from us. Derby has 250k people in it and you average 25k at home. Not very impressive when you think of it that way, eh?
You need to drop the chip on your shoulder mate. Just because one of our more, shall we say fantastical members thinks you play hoof ball doesn't mean we all think the same. I think we're very much in the same bracket insofar that most journos and fans of other clubs wouldn't of given us a cat in hells chance with getting promotion this season but here we are proving the doubters wrong. As for the attendance, regardless of population ratios if the roles were reversed and we had to win to secure promotion there wouldn't have been many empty seats. I guess your plastic fans will wait til you've got Cit-eh or Chelski before stumping up for a ticket...

and I would agree with you usually as it bores me to tears...... But don't agree with your reasoning being close to other cities/towns. Full houses pretty much every game in the Prem?

Same with most clubs.

Listing the clubs within an hour of you is ridiculous though. Otherwise we can use Burton, Notts County, Notts Forest, Mansfield, Leicester, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Birmingham, Aston Villa, West Brom etc to justify our poor crowds!

@dave1884: Nigel clough after the game.

" i'd like to thank sam rush at derby for giving me the opportunity to manage sheff utd " .

#dcfc

Would also like to thank sam rush on giving us the opportunity to go to the next level the level we belong the level Clough never would of took us

Same with most clubs.

Listing the clubs within an hour of you is ridiculous though. Otherwise we can use Burton, Notts County, Notts Forest, Mansfield, Leicester, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Birmingham, Aston Villa, West Brom etc to justify our poor crowds!

I concur!

" i'd like to thank sam rush at derby for giving me the opportunity to manage sheff utd " .

#dcfc

Would also like to thank sam rush on giving us the opportunity to go to the next level the level we belong the level Clough never would of took us

Well, I hope Mr Rush or any others don't respond. Don't want all silly games happening at this stage of the season. Leave it to us lot to argue etc on here!

#dcfc

Where is this quote from?

Archived