Peaches Geldof has died

Anag Ram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's odd that the press refer to her mum Paula as 'tragic' but yet she was taking heroin at the time of her death. Why is she? Cos she was rich with it?

Is the ordinary addict on the street 'tragic' too to them then, or just another junkie? My guess is the latter.

But Peaches never got over her death it seems and now her family are bereft, that's what's tragic here.

I think she got the tragic label because of revelations about her parent/s then the untimely death of her daughter's father Micheal Hutchings, not because of her recreational activities.

I don't remember what the score was with her parents but back in the '70s, there was a programme on the telly called Stars on Sunday or something, it was a religious situation with a holier than thou presenter called Jess Yates.

Anyway, it turned out Jess had been a bit of a lad and it was revealed Paula was the result of a fling or something, as I say, I don't remember it too clearly but it caused her embarrassment and was a bit of scandal at the time.

Anyway, two very young kids have been left without a mother now, and a father's got to prepare his daughter's funeral so my thought's are with them and I would like it if it turned out Peaches died of some massive heart attack or something as opposed to taking her own life due to drug abuse or an inability to cope with her own mother's passing.

RIP.

PistoldPete2

I think she got the tragic label because of revelations about her parent/s then the untimely death of her daughter's father Micheal Hutchings, not because of her recreational activities.

I don't remember what the score was with her parents but back in the '70s, there was a programme on the telly called Stars on Sunday or something, it was a religious situation with a holier than thou presenter called Jess Yates.

Anyway, it turned out Jess had been a bit of a lad and it was revealed Paula was the result of a fling or something, as I say, I don't remember it too clearly but it caused her embarrassment and was a bit of scandal at the time.

Anyway, two very young kids have been left without a mother now, and a father's got to prepare his daughter's funeral so my thought's are with them and I would like it if it turned out Peaches died of some massive heart attack or something as opposed to taking her own life due to drug abuse or an inability to cope with her own mother's passing.

RIP.

Paula Yates was the illegitimate daughter of Hughie Green who was not a nice man. Bitter divorce from Geldof then new man tops himself.

Ah, cheers Pete, so was it that she was led to believe she was Jess Yates's daughter and it turned out not be the case, as I wrote, I'm very vague about what was the situation but I do remember a tabloid expose on her parentage and it caused a bit of a hoo ha back then.

PistoldPete2

Ah, cheers Pete, so was it that she was led to believe she was Jess Yates's daughter and it turned out not be the case, as I wrote, I'm very vague about what was the situation but I do remember a tabloid expose on her parentage and it caused a bit of a hoo ha back then.

Yeah thinks Jess Yates was married to her mother but he wasnt the father, she found out much later. I guess both her "fathers" being public figures doesnt help. 

Yeah thinks Jess Yates was married to her mother but he wasnt the father, she found out much later. I guess both her "fathers" being public figures doesnt help. 

Thanks for clearing that up Pete, I knew there was some controversy over her parentage which caused her a lot of angst.

Bloody Sunday papers eh ? They don't care about the knock on effects their "scoops" have on those close to their victims.  :(

Int it sad that Bob Geldof devoted so much time to saving so many people in Africa, which is undoubtedly a good thing, yet he couldn't do whatever was required to save his daughter.

If it turns out to be suicide, then maybe there was just no saving her, maybe she was just destined for tragedy. Big you do wonder if he's spent more time raising his daughter, and less time worrying anout the world, could he have helped her.

I bet he's wondering the same thing.

Only thing to do now is make sure the babies don't follow the same route. That family seems to be stuck on a loop.

Didn't she post some picture of her mum on twitter the day before? I'd be shocked if it's natural causes.

Edit: yes she did

I think it's odd that the press refer to her mum Paula as 'tragic' but yet she was taking heroin at the time of her death. Why is she? Cos she was rich with it?

Is the ordinary addict on the street 'tragic' too to them then, or just another junkie? My guess is the latter.

I fookin love you for that!!

Society and their heads up their own arses. Looking out for one of their own.

Archived