is Bamford...

sage

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor player IMO.. Will never make the grade in the Prem unless he bucks his ideas up. Decision making is woeful and often is very wasteful is possession. Natural goalscorer? Yes.. Not a bad trait but not much else..

Possibly the most camp player to have ever put the white shirt on as well... Draw your own conclusions.. :rolleyes:

Wisdom another who needs to shape up... No chance at Liverpool.. :angry:

I wouldn't try to buy Bamford in the summer. Not only will Chelsea want (probably) in excess of 2/3 million for him but, I think there are better wingers than him. Also, Martin is going to get in the side ahead of him as a striker and there is no point shelling out that much for a cover striker.

We chatted to some Boro fans on Saturday evening in Redcar, and their impression of Bamford and Wisdom was "naive". I think they were spot on.

laughable thread

Why is it a laughable thread? The OP asked a valid question and asked for comments..

Although both have brought some value to DCFC, they have to keep doing so otherwise offski.. We are not just here to babysit for the big boys. Deliver, then no problem.. Apart from odd flashes, neither has recently. In fact to be fair to Bamford, I have a bigger issue with Wisdom..

Wisdom has dropped off in the last few weeks. Feels to me like the last decent performance we had from him was against Wednesday. That said, he's only 21, and of a much better quality than anyone else we have for that position - would you really recall Freeman to play him ahead of Wisdom? Not on your nellie.

Why is it a laughable thread? The OP asked a valid question and asked for comments..

Although both have brought some value to DCFC, they have to keep doing so otherwise offski.. We are not just here to babysit for the big boys. Deliver, then no problem.. Apart from odd flashes, neither has recently. In fact to be fair to Bamford, I have a bigger issue with Wisdom..

Agree about Wisdom.... Gone off boil quite a bit me thinks.... His distribution has been poor lately...... Cue posts about bringing Brayford back next season.

With Bamford though even though he looks like he isn't in the game. He's liable to be a match winner.

Bit harsh to judge him as a winger, when it isn't his natural position - he'll still be learning how to play there, much like Forsyth. Otherwise, agreed, I don't think he'd be worth that initial splurge of money, another season long loan would be far better.

Depends if there is a fee attached for the loan though. I would just buy a new winger in summer to be honest.

Wisdom has been dodgy since he got torn apart by Lloyd Dyer, he looks scared as soon as he faces anyone with any kind of pace.  If Wisdom is going to cost £3m, then there are better players available for that IMO (Cardiff looking to cut their losses on Brayford would definitely be worth looking at, although I think he'll end up at Sheffield United).  I wouldn't be opposed to another season long loan though.

With Bamford, there's only so much 'playing out of position' can account for.  Yes, you can't expect him to be whipping in perfect crosses, but it doesn't excuse his sloppy play and consistently giving away the ball under no pressure.  His work-rate and defending has improved (the Forest game seemed to be the turning point there), but it's still not good enough.

Archived