is Bamford...

sage

Depends if there is a fee attached for the loan though. I would just buy a new winger in summer to be honest.

I can't imagine it would be all that expensive for the loan - MK Dons could afford him for half a season, fairly confident we'd be able to justify a full season whichever league we're in.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there an argument that the two are linked?

Bamford generally plays in front of Wisdom, so could the former's lack of work rate/sloppiness on the ball be impacting the latter? Maybe Wisdom feels he has more work to do and is more hesitant to get forward when he knows he hasn't got cover from Bamford. The extra pressure he feels could then lead to the sloppy play we've seen from him.

Not necessarily a theory I agree with, just a bit of devil's advocate.

Signing of the season only a month or so ago according to some.

7 goals in 16 appearances and 2 assists, is not bad going for someone playing on the wing with under 100 appearances under his belt.

I watched him against Charlton and thought he played well, maybe he is just inconsistent at the moment in a position he is not used to playing.

Is there an argument that the two are linked?

Bamford generally plays in front of Wisdom, so could the former's lack of work rate/sloppiness on the ball be impacting the latter? Maybe Wisdom feels he has more work to do and is more hesitant to get forward when he knows he hasn't got cover from Bamford. The extra pressure he feels could then lead to the sloppy play we've seen from him.

Not necessarily a theory I agree with, just a bit of devil's advocate.

There is no place for a post like this on these forums!!... Can we get back to some childish mud slinging please??

:ph34r:  :frantics:

Good point, I will have to watch closely in the next game to see if Wisdom is nervous of pushing forward.. They certainly don't work as a pair too well. Maybe it's a bit like the England camp when the cockneys did not get on with the scousers  :no:

There is no place for a post like this on these forums!!... Can we get back to some childish mud slinging please??

:ph34r: :frantics:

Good point, I will have to watch closely in the next game to see if Wisdom is nervous of pushing forward.. They certainly don't work as a pair too well. Maybe it's a bit like the England camp when the cockneys did not get on with the scousers :no:

I'd be interested to see a map of Wisdom's average position when Bamford's in front of him versus Russell/Ward

Bamford is our luxury....

a chaste boy amidst a field of vulgar brutality...

A Biblical David, who's destiny is to triumph.

With a single shot from his sling, he will outwit and defeat the brute

Beauty will triumph. This is his destiny. Nothing else matters.

Oh god.....We should adore him like Brian Sewell would.

You are all so undeserving.

I'd be interested to see a map of Wisdom's average position when Bamford's in front of him versus Russell/Ward

Me too, cos your 'devils advocate' point is something i hadn't considered,but is an intruiging point...

Albert....  ?   Where is he when u need him...... :huh:

......and im thinking more John Stead, than Connor Doyle, his career could go either way too :unsure:

Time for a new scapegoat I guess, we have already had Grant, Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Hughes, Hendrick, Martin, Ward and Dawkins.

I'm sure some fans prefer "honest grafters who run all day up front" rather than guys who can produce something out of nothing and win a game.

That's one of the problems with the English leagues. We prefer headless chickens to decent technique

He could help himself if he actually gave the simple stuff the attention it deserves.

If I had a teammate that was too fookin lazy to deliver a simple pass and just stroked the ball casually at me I'd slide tackle the cnut myself.

Some of his 'attempts' at passing and beating a man are treated like they're beneath a goal scoring legend.

Wake up

Time for a new scapegoat I guess, we have already had Grant, Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Hughes, Hendrick, Martin, Ward and Dawkins.

We've missed some!

Archived