Who will replace John Eustace for the Forest match?

RamFan13

PistoldPete2

Got to be Thorne.

Hendrick has been dire whenever he has played that role.

was good at right back against Boro; how about Hendo at right back, Wisdom in DM? Just thinking outside the box.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne all the way. This is exactly what he is here for. And the comforting thing is that we are not short of a plan b or c. If he's not working out, then we can stick Hendrick or Sammon on and change the formation to 4 4 2 or 4 2 4.

Only problem is, if he is so crap we need to change formation, then we migh have to loose a goal to learn that. Big I don't think it'll come to that. But if it does, well we like to give them a goal head start anyway. It's only sporting.

If Mac plays Hendrick or Hughes in that role he needs to be asking himself some serious questions...

It's got to be Thorne, round peg, round hole. Tell the lad he's got 1 game to nail on a place for the rest of the season and let him show us what he can do...

What we need to do against Forest is dominate possession and create chances. The shape is so important to that, so for me it's got to be Thorne, who can break up play and then play it simple.

Huge game for lots of reasons but it think it's important that we retain our shape and look to take the game to them.

I've said this before but I think 4-4-2 might be the best way to go

---------------------------------Grant-------------------------------

Wisdom----------Bucko-------------------Keogh-------Forsyth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ward------------Bryson-----------------Hendrick------Dawkins

------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------Bamford----------------Martin--------------------

4-3-3's been magic but if we're not willing to risk Hendrick or Thorne at CDM, this is the way to go. I think it would also give Hendrick and Bamford their preferred positions without moving people out of their best positions. Hughes in for Hendrick if possible but I've got a bad feeling he won't be fit.

get Thorne in there! its not like the lad isn't accustomed to playing big games, he's a quality player and i'll place a safe wager that if he plays against forest and finally gets a chance to show how good he is, Eustace wont get a sniff for the rest of the season 

Curious not to even have brought Thorne on for some time on Saturday once Eustace got his booking. It's between him, Hendrick and Bailey. But if it's not Thorne, there's no point whatsoever having brought him to the club.

Hendrick as a defensive midfielder would be the definition of madness - repeating something that continually fails to work, expecting it to work next time.

Bailey had a good cameo under no pressure against Chelski but hasn't been seen since.

Presuming he's not fit, Hughes will be a big loss, but Thorne in the Eustace role for me.Let's hope the damn finally bursts and we score shedloads.

Archived