Sol Campbell makes England captaincy race allegation

SSD

Sad that this seems to have been conveniently inserted in an autobiography presumably to sell a few more. If he really felt that way, why didn't he say something before now?

And like Mafiabob says, if he truly thinks there is still an undercurrent of racism in English football, then he should spend some time talking to black footballers in Italy, Spain or Eastern Europe. Might put his self-pitying garbage into perspective.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How dare he speak out on behalf of 'the majority of fans'. Did he mean majority of fans or just white fans?

If the FA or England manager or whoever he is accusing were racists would they have black people in the team.

If idiots like Campbell knew how much damage comments like this did for the racism cause I wonder if they would learn to keep their mouths shut? I doubt it because we all know its more about self promotion than it is about racism.

What a ****.

They bang on about racism in football yet it's them that keep making the stupid comments.

I couldn't give a toss what colour they are, if they are captain material, they will be captain, end of.

Its the same when they bang on about there's not enough Asians in English football....Yeah cos their *****, nothing to do with colour or race. How many English players are there in the Asian Leagues???.

Utter tripe.

What a ****.

They bang on about racism in football yet it's them that keep making the stupid comments.

I couldn't give a toss what colour they are, if they are captain material, they will be captain, end of.

Its the same when they bang on about there's not enough Asians in English football....Yeah cos their *****, nothing to do with colour or race. How many English players are there in the Asian Leagues???.

Utter tripe.

funny you mention Asians in football. I know some really good asian players and it's safe to say it's their own racial prejudices that stop them progressing in the game. Family pressure (shame) if you don't go down a certain career path.

My school mate was offered trial after trial, awesome player, but his father insisted he took over the family post office!

funny you mention Asians in football. I know some really good asian players and it's safe to say it's their own racial prejudices that stop them progressing in the game. Family pressure (shame) if you don't go down a certain career path.

My school mate was offered trial after trial, awesome player, but his father insisted he took over the family post office!

Oh don't get me started. I agree though, how many have actually slipped the net because of their own prejudices.

They want to live here and be classed as british but their beliefs and the way they want to live are a 1000 years behind us.

I'm just enjoying Brian Clough's autobiography.

Despite having a scoring average of about 1 a game and 40+ a season he only got 2 England caps in his entire career.

He was also refused the England manager's job when he was the best candidate by a million miles.

Was this because of his skin colour?

Sol is raking the manure here IMO!

You know it is a load of cobblers when even Graham Taylor speaks sense on a subject! All it needs now is for David Pleat to say Sol is talking complete tripe and the autobiography of Sol shall be in bargain bins by Easter.

Speak for yourself, I'm straight off to Waterstones to buy before he accuses me of racism against black authors.

I'm just enjoying Brian Clough's autobiography.

Despite having a scoring average of about 1 a game and 40+ a season he only got 2 England caps in his entire career.

He was also refused the England manager's job when he was the best candidate by a million miles.

Was this because of his skin colour?

Sol is raking the manure here IMO!

It was actually due to this ethnic background......

Gobby yorkshireman

Anyone who was in this country in the 70's will know just how far we've come since those dark racist days. Back then there were overtly racist sit-coms on telly, openly racial discrimination in the work place and racist chants on the terraces.

This country has changed immeasurably from those dark days to the point where our country is a shining beacon of racial harmony for the rest of the world to marvel at.

Sol Campbell's comments and views are outdated, misguided and just give the impression he is a sad, bitter and twisted individual.

Archived