Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need to be submitted to league in December but not until March fir companies house.

Guess football league might just be an abridged profit and loss version? I don't know

Just noticed latest gump accounts were only signed off on 7 Jan 2014,so you may have a point.

In my experience, companies tend to leave filing a bad set of accounts until last minute.

Looking at it from a different angle maybe they could be a good set of accounts which they would not want to publish until after season ticket deadline has elapsed (how could they justify price increases if financial results were decent?)

The comment that we are now 'borderline with FFP' makes me think things cant have been that bad last year.

Irrelevant because Jim Price says they don't have to abide with FFP rules anyway!

Hmm,if we got them in the play off final we could all sing "Abide with FFP"  (fast falls the Forest side)

In my experience, companies tend to leave filing a bad set of accounts until last minute.

Looking at it from a different angle maybe they could be a good set of accounts which they would not want to publish until after season ticket deadline has elapsed (how could they justify price increases if financial results were decent?)

The comment that we are now 'borderline with FFP' makes me think things cant have been that bad last year.

And good accounts published before loan deadline day provokes the question "why not add to the squad"

The admirable CornwallRam posted up his report (on another forum) on a fans' forum he recently attended,and said SR stated the loss would again be around £8m.Interestingly,SR was also reported to have said that promotion to the Prem would be worth £90m in the first season,followed (perhaps) by £60m of parachute payments.The 2 (reputable) sites I've looked at ("Intelligent Finance" and "De Loittes") both seem to point to a minimum £60m only in that first season.Even if SR meant total income,we'd be hard pushed to net £30m in non tv income (especially with some 50% ST refunds).Still,his reply did seem to put an end to what may have been a follow up question,viz would the owners be putting in any loot. 

Apologies I meant to quote your post which has the word "sham" in it. Which obviously refers to Mr Rush?

Thats alright squire.

Yes i call him Sham because whilst i like the apparent openness, i think he's a bit of a bullshtter and a chancer.

I listened to him recounting his life story at Derby Theatre last year.

He was actually quite honest about his academic / career background which wasn't quite as impressive as has been painted.

But i don't take him too seriously, so i'm not getting overly excited about him and his little mate.

Thats alright squire.

Yes i call him Sham because whilst i like the apparent openness, i think he's a bit of a bullshtter and a chancer.

I listened to him recounting his life story at Derby Theatre last year.

He was actually quite honest about his academic / career background which wasn't quite as impressive as has been painted.

But i don't take him too seriously, so i'm not getting overly excited about him and his little mate.

That's fair enough, I can see why people think that. Sometimes I like a chancer though. That's probably why I prefer him to Glick.

PistoldPete2

Cloughs just a bitter man and I wish he'd belt up moaning

He was sacked by his home town club about a month after his mum died.

Many non-Rams fans told me they were surprised that he was sacked, as they thought he was doing a good job.

Shteve reckons he did a good job.

Hes entitled to be bitter, and if it drives him to succeed  then good for him.

Maybe Shteve can take us to the next level , and Cloughie couldnt. I hope so, and we can win at Wembley again.

But I certainly dont begrudge  Cloughie hopefully to achieve what his Dad never did, ie a also win at Wembley.

Cloughs just a bitter man and I wish he'd belt up moaning

I don't think he has been moaning, all he's done is answer questions put to him and if he's bitter I don't blame him.

Archived