Appeal against Martin's red

Leicester Ram

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another stupid rule that makes no sense is that if you were to clearly, intentionally punch the ball into the opposition's net to score a goal, you'd only get a yellow card.

Stopping a goal in the same manner is a straight red.

WHY!?

We were talking about this the other night in the pub specifically about Suarez in the 2010 world cup. He was sent off and they went on to win the shoot out. We decided that sort of goal line clearance with an outfield players hand, a deliberate "save" should be given as a goal and a sending off. Probably wrong but beer does what beer does! What this has to do with Chris Martin's sending off.....well, don't get me started!

Feel a bit sorry for Chrissy Martin tbh. Ref should have let play go on - Hendrick scored ffs. 

Quality finish as well. Thought Jeff was a bit pedestrian up until that "goal" but came alive after that and played well 2nd half. Drop Hughes (only for a rest), have Bryson and Hendrick and I'm tempted to say give Thorne a start.

Quality finish as well. Thought Jeff was a bit pedestrian up until that "goal" but came alive after that and played well 2nd half. Drop Hughes (only for a rest), have Bryson and Hendrick and I'm tempted to say give Thorne a start.

Agree - we got Thorne for a reason - still lots of games to go. Start Bryson, according to Ed and Craig, he changed the game.

I felt Eustace was a bit sideways and backwards today and lacked that ability to push the midfield forwards. With Jeff and Will in front of him our midfield stagnated because they are both good with it at their feet but weren't finding the right spaces for Eustace to get them in to play. I have to say I have never seen Thorne play and having Hughes (18), Hendrick (22) and Thorne (21) against these guys was too risky a midfield line up but Bryson pulls the opposition all over the place. Hughes and Hendrick gave them and easy game of it at times.

Bryson is in the form of his life, season wise, and knows fair well how to play with Hendrick. His extra mobility, Jeff's youthful bounding around and good ball control and maybe a little extra aggression moving forward with Thorne could be what tips us back into playing that lovely flowing footy we saw earlier in the season.

Bryson has had a breather, Thorne will be raring to go and Hendrick seems a confidence player that likes a run of games. Win, win, win? Maybe, who knows? I never managed Middlesborough to a European final! Lets hope Mac Daddy can do that for us!

Drop Hughes are you pissed ffs..

Was our best player AGAIN yesterday and you want to rest him.. Hendrick gives us nothing compared to Hughes.

Hughes touch is amazing. We are all just so used to him doing it, that if he doesn't play a wonder pass for a goal, we think he's off his game.

Some of his takes from over heavy passes yesterday was amazballs.

Archived