I got beat up

Cisse

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't sympathise with someone who assaulted you Cisse. At the end of the day, he could've sparked you clean out, maybe even killed you, he needs to show genuine remorse instead of showing fear for being made accountable for his actions.

The bloke sounds like a coward. Don't do him any favours.

Just talked with the guy who mangled me. He was really apologetic and horrified by what happened. Never done anything like this before. I told about my glasses and he told straight away that buy new ones no need to try and repair them. Will pay for the repairing of my watch and had no argument that I will demand some compensation for coloring my jaw and forehead.

Guy works as a warehouse man and has three kids one of which was playing on his feet by the sound of it. He was on the countryside at his mother's place and was worried that his mother might hear what's going on. :D

He also wants to meet me personally to say he is sorry.

Didn't mention anything about his injuries which include at least a fair cut on his eye. All in all I really believe that he is a decent guy who had a bad day at a wrong time.

Have no idea what kind of compensation to ask for.

Just talked with the guy who mangled me. He was really apologetic and horrified by what happened. Never done anything like this before. I told about my glasses and he told straight away that buy new ones no need to try and repair them. Will pay for the repairing of my watch and had no argument that I will demand some compensation for coloring my jaw and forehead.

Guy works as a warehouse man and has three kids one of which was playing on his feet by the sound of it. He was on the countryside at his mother's place and was worried that his mother might hear what's going on. :D

Didn't mention anything about his injuries which include at least a fair cut on his eye. All in all I really believe that he is a decent guy who had a bad day at a wrong time.

Make him buy a season ticket for Forest.

Sounds like he made a sad mistake under pressure. I am glad you are dealing with this. Take it steady, though. It's still a shock to the system.

You don't attack someone in a shop because you've had a bad day.....he must be a nutter.

People often ask me if it's dangerous going to places like Rio or Cape Town.

I tell them I've been to both of these places, been to the dodgiest areas and wandered around at night. Not only that, but I've stroked tigers, I've swam with great white sharks, I've been a tent canvass thickness away from a pride of lions, and I've been been 3 foot away from wild mountain gorillas. I've been to jungles on three continents, I've done the 4 of the highest bungee jumps in the world, I've paddled grade 5 rapids on the white nile, and I've jumped out of a plane.

Then I tell them I've nearly been killed three times. Once in Tenerife, while I was sleeping on the beach (still don't know what really happened, just know I ended up in hospital with a cat scan, chest X-rays, a missing tooth and stitches in my lip), and twice in derby (outside Time nightclub, and then outside the Irish centre).

I think the moral is, you can get killed pretty much anywhere, so it might as well be somewhere good.

Lucky you. i was mugged at knife point in Cape Town. Down by the V+A as well, where the posh people are. That aside it's a lovely city, but the threat of violence in South Africa is never far away, I'm afraid. 

Back on subject I hope Cisse is o.k. Which country are you in?

Cisse, can you get access to a solicitor? Or is there a Citizens Advice Bureau like there is here? They should be able to advise re compensation.

Lucky you. i was mugged at knife point in Cape Town. Down by the V+A as well, where the posh people are. That aside it's a lovely city, but the threat of violence in South Africa is never far away, I'm afraid.

Back on subject I hope Cisse is o.k. Which country are you in?

I was with some girls in Cape Town who did have their hand bag stolen. But the police actually found the guy within a couple of hours.

Not saying Cape Town is safe, just saying, as Cisse has proven, that violence exists everywhere, on your own doorstep, and on the other side of the world. No pint living in fear of it and not experiencing something potentially life changing. As you say, Cape Town is a lovely place. I actually rank Cape Town and Rio as two of my favourite cities (a long way behind derby though, of course).

I was with some girls in Cape Town who did have their hand bag stolen. But the police actually found the guy within a couple of hours.

Not saying Cape Town is safe, just saying, as Cisse has proven, that violence exists everywhere, on your own doorstep, and on the other side of the world. No pint living in fear of it and not experiencing something potentially life changing. As you say, Cape Town is a lovely place. I actually rank Cape Town and Rio as two of my favourite cities (a long way behind derby though, of course).

True, despite the experience I would go back. I would just be a more cautious next time.

I didn't really expect Cisse to be based in Finland. Always heard good things about Finland, but as has been said it can happen anywhere at anytime. 

Archived