Wisdom hold the defence back

davenportram

I don't mean he is a weak link but on several occasions last night Keogh tried to marshal the defence forward - Forsyth and Bucko went with him but Wisdom was two or three yards behind the line. It meant Keogh had to come Back to cover his man who was being played onside by Wisdom.

We were all shouting for the defence to lush out to relieve pressure but Wisdom didn't follow.

I only saw one offside last night - mainly because we defended deep because our centre backs had to hold a deep line against strikers being played onside by our fullback

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed he kept drifting into the centre and leaving the left winger in acres of space as well. Towards the end, he was practically playing CB, whilst Russell had to cover RB. Not sure if that was intentional or not, to be honest.

Still a good performance though.

I have to agree with this thread. The lad obviously has potential but from day one I've never felt he looked comfortable at right back, is he a centre back?

Offloads the ball a bit too quickly and doesn't seem to be positionally in sync with the other 3.

Would love to see brayford here.

I have to agree with this thread. The lad obviously has potential but from day one I've never felt he looked comfortable at right back, is he a centre back?

His regular position is CB. It's where he's played for Liverpool I think.

I think he's decent enough at RB, but he does seem to drift inside as the game goes on. He can also be a little hesitant in getting forward at times which slows the play up. Certainly not a "bombing on" type full back.

He fits us better than Brayford. We have enough men up there already, full backs only need to support and put in some early crosses. What I don't understand is how he manage to pass to opponent so often eventhough playing with such coolness.

Defo luxury player. And as a on loan defender that's quite achievement.

I don't mean he is a weak link but on several occasions last night Keogh tried to marshal the defence forward - Forsyth and Bucko went with him but Wisdom was two or three yards behind the line. It meant Keogh had to come Back to cover his man who was being played onside by Wisdom.

We were all shouting for the defence to lush out to relieve pressure but Wisdom didn't follow.

I only saw one offside last night - mainly because we defended deep because our centre backs had to hold a deep line against strikers being played onside by our fullback

He is a CB isn't he. I wouldn't worry. Once a proper defender creates a mindset it is hard to remove. Given his pace he could hold a line further up the pitch. The problem is when we do this the DM becomes less effective. For someone like Eustace this approach is too much to ask of him. He wouldn't have the ability to offer proper cover or chase a player the length of a half. 

Asking Wisdom to change his mindset would ruin him as a proper defensive CB. 

Archived