Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

sage

I'm glad we showed that kind of performance in a way, far away from our usual game - mixed it up to play against a notoriously ugly side. Which they were.

Their game plan was very transparent and unless your defenders are on point, you tend to concede at least one or two - which we didn't.

A few hiccups for me, for instance I don't think we've ever made so many miss-placed passes this season, which frustrated me.

But there was one incident that really touched a nerve with me, about 70 minutes in when QPR had a string of corners, I think it was Kranjcar stood bold as brass on the front post with absolutely no-one near him, and it nearly cost us a goal. I was fuming, a dip in concentration like that could of hurt us.

Eustace, despite the goal - I was a bit annoyed, he made some very poor decisions at times - made it easy for them to get space on the edge of the box I thought.

Ward was making some poor decisions, Russell's desire when he came on was phenomenal.

I'm happy, showed another side to our game today that if we showed earlier in the season we'd be much, much better off.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proper warmed the cockles that did! Good strong performance against a very cynical, experienced and niggly team. 

No one to fear from here on in, everything to play for with no pressure.

Great defending and always looked lively on the break.

Cancelled the hotel in London, won't need the play offs now..... :)

Barton's been in Twitter saying the best team lost and whinging about the officials.

The same officials who should have shown you at least a yellow for all your niggly little fouls, Joey?

I used to be unsure whether he was really a knob or whether he was just a bit of a pantomime villain, but I think it's safe to say he's a truly odious little runt.

Horrible game, passing was off, battling performance and a marvellous three points. We might slip away, and Mac is right we don't have the experience that our rivals at the top have, but right now with a third of the season to go we are right bang in the promotion race. Awesome.

:)

Tbf to the cnut I thought he was their best player tonight.

thought Assou Ekotto was better.

Assou Ekotto was the better player but Barton influenced the ref more to try and gain an advantage. The constant surrounding of the ref is obviously a tactic Arry uses, much like Fergie did at manure.

You'd think that a manager like Arry would be able to put together a team capable of winning without recourse to cheating with a £50m+ wage bill would't you?

Perhaps Rosie does the team talk as well as the accounts?

Thought there was a great deal of arrogance from the QPR players; Barton, Ekotto and Krancjar particularly. All undoubtedly talented players but they seemed to think they deserved to win just by turning up, or at least that's the impression I got.
Then they all started whining like mardy little bitches when it didn't go their way 

Archived