George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Didn't appoint Sherwood because the coaches he wanted to bring with him wanted a couple hundred grand more than he wished to pay them. So he's pretty much guaranteeing them relegation just to save a bit of money ....

So I'm not so sure he'll let a player who could pocket him 2-3 million rot in the reserves just to prove a point 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this will be a successful move for west brom but Alan Irvine was treated harshly in his previous jobs.

Maybe West Brom have fallen into the trap of having a director of football and a subservient head coach.

Our system runs that risk too.

At the moment Schteve has the status to be no1 whatever the job titles.

But it will only work if Chris Evans is seen as a chief scout rather than a director of football.

It could be that youth development is now given a higher priority at west brom.

Possibly irvine won't have the authority to dictate what he wants.

Doesn't necessarily help us to do a deal.

I don't think this will be a successful move for west brom but Alan Irvine was treated harshly in his previous jobs.

Maybe West Brom have fallen into the trap of having a director of football and a subservient head coach.

Our system runs that risk too.

At the moment Schteve has the status to be no1 whatever the job titles.

But it will only work if Chris Evans is seen as a chief scout rather than a director of football.

It could be that youth development is now given a higher priority at west brom.

Possibly irvine won't have the authority to dictate what he wants.

Doesn't necessarily help us to do a deal.

That's twice in a matter of minutes I've had to agree with you RamNut. Sunday has not got off to a good start!!

I have only supported Deby since the days of Billy Curry and Gordon Hughes so don't talk childish crap my friend.

Hang on, I'm not the only person to call you out on this...

20 odd posts and all about George Thorne? And how gracious and kind WBA have been to Thorne and how we shouldn't encourage him to come to Derby?! So, if you are a Rams fan, do you not want Thorne to come when it's the right move for us and the right move for him? WBA are clearly in a mess; who wouldn't want out?

I know there are still some bitter WBA fans out there but at least most have the decency to come on here without the disguise.

Hang on, I'm not the only person to call you out on this...

20 odd posts and all about George Thorne? And how gracious and kind WBA have been to Thorne and how we shouldn't encourage him to come to Derby?! So, if you are a Rams fan, do you not want Thorne to come when it's the right move for us and the right move for him? WBA are clearly in a mess; who wouldn't want out?

I know there are still some bitter WBA fans out there but at least most have the decency to come on here without the disguise.

I called him out on that as well.  Don't expect a response from any baggy fans for a few days, they are all queuing up for season ticket refunds...or for anti-depressents

True, but you are discussing one of our players who we don't want to sell so it makes an interesting debate don't you think? Or don't you want to see things from the other side of the fence?

As long as fans of other teams are respectful I think it adds to the discussion rather that you all saying "when we sign Thorne ....." Etc

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have only read and posted on this thread, and I don't see any harm in that.

Interesting debate indeed.

60 pages ago.

As if WBA would sign Gardner only to have him and Yacob sit-out so that Irvine can promote youth players  :rolleyes:

What they'll end up with (Hopefully) is what we got for the Ipswich home game... only for 38 games instead of 45 minutes.

The fact they've got a manager at all should set the wheels in motion a little quicker at least.

I called him out on that as well.  Don't expect a response from any baggy fans for a few days, they are all queuing up for season ticket refunds...or for anti-depressents

So to talk sense and not a load of rubbish about the lad walking out, breaking his contract etc, and Derby's reputation going down the toilet in the process, I must be a West Brom fan? Grow up. I am concerned that we are not seen to be part of any of that nonsense because I want us to be able to have the opportunity to have the likes of Thorne and Wisdom on loan in the future. We should just make our best offer and stand well back. The other thing is that West Brom have been given a load of stick for taking a tough line when we would want Rush to protect our young players in exactly the same way. Remember the furious response on here when Brayford was sold? We can't have it all ways, wanting Derby to put a barrier around our good young players whilst expecting other clubs to capitulate. I first posted on here about a year ago about another Derby topic, nowt to do with West Brom.

Archived