George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

"A slight shame, as I think he's got potential, and showed some good stuff when called upon with us. 

But, he's clearly a brainless ******* ballbag, and day want to be here. So no harm done. Enjoy the Championship, you jockstrap."

"i would like him to go and them get relegated ! sorted !"

:lol:

If we wanted to get relegated, we'd just sack McClaren and hire Irvine

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I will fall for it.One question though.

Do West Brom know that he is signing this week? If not maybe your mate should tell them. Because they have a game tomorrow & then fly to America on Thursday. Surely we don't want to risk him getting injured or have to pay for a flight back from the states?

The injury concern is real, but I think we can scrape a few pennies together to pay for a flight. Hell, I flew to London for 48 hours for the playoff final and I have 0.0000003% of Brett Wilson's net worth.

It's gonna be boring as hell when he signs.

Will you WBA fans stick around?

Maybe we could give you Conor Sammon as a thank you gift?

Nope. I have only read and posted in the threads applicable to WBA, Wisdom, Allan and this one.

Anyhow, it's looking like I won't be here for much longer

My opinion on the Thorne saga:

Our impatience on the situation seems to be rubbing off on individuals involved in the club. E.g Brett Wilson who has replied to impatient and rude fans on twitter. He has subtly asked for our patience and Thorne has made it pretty clear we need to be patient too.

I believe we will sign Thorne but will continue to ignore ANY 'ITKers'. It is quite easy to predict a player can sign today and might sign this week. Isn't it?

Anyway, the hints we have been receiving have been positive and Thorne clearly wants to be a ram.

Only recently, we have given Bryson a 5 year deal which was amazing news. Sam Rush and Brett are doing their best, so let's give them more time to get this deal over the line for a reasonable price.

You can't just join the forum and be sensible and rational what's a matter with you.Oh and welcome.

I had decided before not to post on this thread, this is mainly due to things I wanted to say had already been said so I took a backseat. But I do think some perspective is needed.

Basically I don't have a problem with anyone sharing what they know, but I think until something is confirmed then we need to take things with a pinch of salt. Basically what Mackworth has said can still comply with what has so far happened, but it can't be taken literally. I think you need to take sources and ITK like this, a bit like journalists like Nixon, in that they know bits and bobs but maybe not the whole story.

So for example,

-it is nearly been confirmed by the media that Rush and Peace have been in talks over the last couple of weeks. I think Owen Bradley said the bid was going in today too. So I take that last weeks talks would largely have been informal, with the formal bid going in today.

-so basically west brom have said, this is what we want and we aren't budging on it. Rush then goes back and prepares his next bid.

-so whoever within the club, may have taken this that Derby have already met West Brom's valuation, rather than derby are going to meet west broms valuation today.

-so now we have to wait for acceptance and into negotiations of contract/medicals etc etc etc. which might bus a longer process than others think.

Basically I don't think what Mackworth has said has been proved wrong, and I enjoy that someone can try and share information. I'm not trying to say ITK posters are 100% correct but we can't see them as 100% wrong either

Archived